Vanity Pounds

Noor13
Noor13 Posts: 964 Member
Hi you all,my name is Evelyn I have been reading here all these wonderful posts and I came to the conclusion that this would have to be my way.

I have messed with my metabolism over years and I lived on low cals for way to long.

Ok i have never been really overweight but I had to watch carefully what I ate and I did a lot of sport and I slipped into anorexia

So yes, my metabolism was upside down.

I am 5'7 and I am weighing 142 pounds. I know many of you may say now-what the heck is wrong with her, but my goal would be at least a few pounds less. So my question is-does EM2WL also work for those vanity pounds?

I upped my cals to 2000 and I am trying hard to reach that goal every day. Did that for the past two weeks now. I have gained about 4 pounds, but that's ok.
I am doing Insanity and ChaLean Extreme-working out 6 times a week.

Do you think I should reduce the cardio?
Any other tips?

Cheers, Evelyn

Replies

• graysmom2005
    graysmom2005 Posts: 1,882 Member
    Bumping as I'm doing the same thing...except you're at my goal weight. :tongue:
  • gemiwing
    gemiwing Posts: 1,525 Member

I am 5'7 and I am weighing 142 pounds. I know many of you may say now-what the heck is wrong with her, but my goal would be at least a few pounds less. So my question is-does EM2WL also work for those vanity pounds?

Hi :)

My question would be- what's your goal? A number on the scale or what you look like? With a history of ED (me too) it's an important distinction. If you're going for a scale number- then I'll ask why care about a number only you know? If you're going for a look- especially if it's a look of lean and toned- then yes absolutely scale down on cardio and pick up some weights.

This can work for you too.

For those of us with ED's- there is a bit of an extra struggle here. There is a period of about two months where you most likely will gain weight. Accept that and know it's going to happen- prepare for it. Expect it and you can battle the triggers better. I was able to finally shift my thinking about scale weight and start to learn about how I wanted to look instead. The thing is- sometimes people who have more muscle weigh more than those who are bigger than them. You can weigh 180lbs and be a size four or be 130lbs and be a size four- the first person has muscle and looks more toned and fit. For anorexia survivors- there is a big trigger for some about the scale weight. I tell you not to scare you off- but you give you the information that I think you deserve to know. It's not easy but it works :)
  • Noor13
    Thanks for your kind words :)

A certain number....well 130 is the absolute minimum I would want to go to

But as you said the look is way more important. Since I started to work out hard I didn't lose any weight, but I lost about 15cm around my waist :) And my abs look fairly ripped (could do a bit better though) even after three pregnancies :)))
  • squishycow7
    squishycow7 Posts: 820 Member
    My question would be- what's your goal? A number on the scale or what you look like? With a history of ED (me too) it's an important distinction. If you're going for a scale number- then I'll ask why care about a number only you know? If you're going for a look- especially if it's a look of lean and toned- then yes absolutely scale down on cardio and pick up some weights.

I like how you put that- that a number on the scale is only something YOU know. Who cares you weigh 200lbs if you look like a rockstar?

Of course I'm 3lbs away from goal weight and I still definitely want to see my scale hit an even 140 - I suppose it's a mental thing, a challenge kind of. But at the same time, I'm soooo much more relaxed about this than I used to be.. even if I put myself eating maintenance calories right now I think I'd feel okay, just because... what's the rush? I spent my whole life being chubby, what's waiting another month or three? Meh. I've sat around in a bathingsuit at much higher BF%, I can probably handle myself this summer just fine. I look good for me, not anyone else.

That turned into a rant...

Anyhoooooo to actually answer your question, YES I think it will work for vanity pounds as well, as long as we're talking appearance-wise not necessarily scale-wise.
  • gemiwing
    gemiwing Posts: 1,525 Member
    Thanks for your kind words :)

A certain number....well 130 is the absolute minimum I would want to go to

But as you said the look is way more important. Since I started to work out hard I didn't lose any weight, but I lost about 15cm around my waist :) And my abs look fairly ripped (could do a bit better though) even after three pregnancies :)))

I call ripped abs after three pregnancies a BIG WIN :D
  • Noor13
    The ripped abs basically came for free with the workouts lol.
    I never really intended to have them or thought I could reach to that point