another newbe

Options
Hi!
I just joined. So I am new to the site and this group. Looking forward togetting to know everyone!

Replies

• JoyMarie64
    JoyMarie64 Posts: 2
    Options
    Hi Jeanette,
    I'm new too...just started last night. I'm 48 and have recently been diagnosed with Dystolic Heart Disfunction which is affecting my lungs also. So, needless to say, I'm desperate to get the weight off. Before I wanted it off to look better and have more energy...now I want it off to live! I guess everyone that is obese needs to realize that it will get to that point eventually and maybe it will give them more drive to get it off before it gets to does. I guess I always felt it wouldn't happen to me...I'm active...own a farm and love to garden. But it did. I'm 231lbs at 5'4". I have almost 100lbs. to lose and it's so much harder at our age...something else those 20's & 30's need to realize! I love being 40 and I'll love being 50...I just want to be healthy.
  • justjeannette
    Options
    Hi joy,
    oh I'm 45 and about 215 pounds. I'm just finding I'm tired all the time in my back hurting more now I really just wanna get healthy I think the hardest thing for me is going to find time to exercise between running a house and going to school I just wanna make sure I'm around to see my grandbabies. anyways it's great to meet you and I hope we can do this together I'm really happy I found the site
  • BigBrewski
    BigBrewski Posts: 922 Member
    Options
    I am 41 and 243. I know it is hard to find time to exercise but beleive me diet without exercise is tough. I suggest trying to find 20 minutes in the morning to either walk or hit a gym if you can becuase that 20 minutes of cardio will wake you up and you will experience a nice natural high for a few hours after. However, during the 20 minutes it is NO fun.
  • Helenacabral1
    Options
    Welcome to MFP...feel free to add me!!:):happy:
  • mrincredible93
    Options
    Joy, You have done one of the most difficult parts of losing weight...making the decision to do so and asking for help and support from others who understand the journey to a healthier life. GOOD FOR YOU! Feel free to add me!
  • Justkf
    Justkf Posts: 208 Member
    Options
    hey-been here for almost a year, feel free to add me, this is good stuff.

:)
  • notlauren
    notlauren Posts: 2
    Options
    hi- I am also new to MFP-wanting to lend and get support from others. I don't have a lot of weight to lose, but I find this tool really nice and easy and the peer support is helpful. Please add me as a friend so we can keep dialogue about health and busting down barriers up!!!!
  • Mummsy
    Mummsy Posts: 347 Member
    Options
    Welcome and hello everyone!
    :smile:
  • jlohcook
    jlohcook Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    It's a good start to want to be healthy. A small step will bring you very far. We are all here for this reason, to be healthy. Add me if you like, be happy to support anyone that needs it.
  • lesa0915
    lesa0915 Posts: 6
    Options
    I have recently joined MFP. It is harder to lose weight when you are in your forties. I am 45 and I have COPD. I have lost 11 lbs. so far, but within the last two weeks athough my eating is right and I have been working out in a gym for three weeks I have hit a plateau. It's really tough when you feel like you are doing all the right things and nothing happens! I can't do alot of cardio, but I do go for 30 - 35 minutes usually 5-6 times a week on the treadmill and I work on strength training. My gym focus in not just for weight loss, but to assist in building better lung capacity. Best of luck to all of us!