Need help with activity level!

calypso11
calypso11 Posts: 24 Member
I currently run 30 minutes three days a week and do some combination of Jillian Michaels DVDs for 30-45 minutes on the other three days, with one rest day at the end. I'm hoping to replace the DVDs with weight training soon (just got NROWLFW from the library). I have a desk job and try to move around at work as much as possible (stairs only, constant trips to the printer, etc.) but I think my activity there is still negligible. My conundrum is with where I should set my activity level.

Light activity 1-3 days a week vs. moderate activity 3-5 days a per fat2fit OR
1-3 hours light exercise vs. 3-5 hours moderate exercise per Scooby's calculator

When I look at fat2fit I think I should be in the moderate category, but when I look at Scooby's calculator I feel like I should be in the light. The differences in calories are huge - up to a 150 calorie difference between the moderate in fat2fit and the light in Scooby's, so I'd love some help in figuring out which one is more accurate for my current lifestyle. Thank you!!

Replies

• HeidiHoMom
    HeidiHoMom Posts: 1,393 Member
    I am sort of in the same boat as you and i was told to select light.

I figure if you do light and then eventually stop losing you can bump up to moderate, I think it's better to go up rather than down. I could be wrong though.
  • calypso11
    calypso11 Posts: 24 Member
    Thank you! I figured it would fall under light but I really couldn't decide.

If anyone else would like to weigh in that would be great :).