Rest Week between Stages?

Options
karensoxfan
karensoxfan Posts: 902 Member
I have a few questions about taking a week off (at least from lifting) between stages:

1. What's the intended purpose of it?

2. Did you take a week off between stages, or just go straight from one into the next?

3. Do you think it would be terribly counter-productive to do moderate cardio 5-6 days during that week?

*I already do moderate cardio on my non-lifting days 3-4 times/week, and I'm leaning towards cardio every day next week just to stay in the habit of getting up early & getting my rear to the gym every day.

Replies

• lilRicki
    lilRicki Posts: 4,555 Member
    Options
    I read that people do cardio in between stages just to keep loose...I don't take the full week, I take maybe 3-4 days off and maintain my cardio and then plow into the next stage. Just give yourself a few days of recovery from weights and then go ahead.
  • fitniknik
    fitniknik Posts: 713 Member
    Options
    The purpose is to let your muscles and connective tissue have an extended time to heal. (the book recommends every couple months to do that)

I took the full week off and I felt like my body really needed it. I think if you dont feel like your body needs it you could do stage 2 then take a week off from lifting if you wanted.

Im not sure on the cardio (I just took a few regular walks)