Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

Rest Week between Stages?

karensoxfan
karensoxfan Posts: 902 Member
I have a few questions about taking a week off (at least from lifting) between stages:

1. What's the intended purpose of it?

2. Did you take a week off between stages, or just go straight from one into the next?

3. Do you think it would be terribly counter-productive to do moderate cardio 5-6 days during that week?

*I already do moderate cardio on my non-lifting days 3-4 times/week, and I'm leaning towards cardio every day next week just to stay in the habit of getting up early & getting my rear to the gym every day.

Replies

• lilRicki
    lilRicki Posts: 4,555 Member
    I read that people do cardio in between stages just to keep loose...I don't take the full week, I take maybe 3-4 days off and maintain my cardio and then plow into the next stage. Just give yourself a few days of recovery from weights and then go ahead.
  • fitniknik
    fitniknik Posts: 713 Member
    The purpose is to let your muscles and connective tissue have an extended time to heal. (the book recommends every couple months to do that)

I took the full week off and I felt like my body really needed it. I think if you dont feel like your body needs it you could do stage 2 then take a week off from lifting if you wanted.

Im not sure on the cardio (I just took a few regular walks)