Can we do a June challenge?

124»

Replies

• jessicawrites
    jessicawrites Posts: 235 Member
    Monday update!

CW: 127.5
    Weight lost since beginning: 2.0

Still trying to keep it healthy for the most part. It was really good to have a burger and veggie salad last night, and if I had a few handfuls of Mike and Ike's at the movie, so what? This was the first weekend in recent memory that I didn't pig out on snacks, so that's a nice victory moment. I cooked twice, made it to yoga, and had my first dress fitting!

I've got two get-togethers with friends this week, so temptation abounds, but I also have another Zumba class lined up, swing, and my first-ever kettlebell class on Friday! It's going to be a full, fun week.
  • leenors
    leenors Posts: 6 Member
    You are all so motivational!

Weight lost since May 31st: 3 lbs

I have upped my cardio and have been doing some circuit training.. also, started Rushfit! Just finished "fight conditioning" two evenings ago, and am resting today. Will start the week over again on Thursday (Wednesday is spinning class!).

Also... I GOT THE CALL! My dress is in! Except I am so nervous!!! I have scheduled my first fitting for July 13th... so I have 4 weeks to get into my "bridal weight"! Or at least closer to it. I plan on losing more after the first fitting, which means that I might have to pay for another fitting if the post-alterations dress is still too big.

SO. NERVOUS!!!

I put on about 10lbs since I bought the dress (in August 2011) but have almost gotten rid of it (lost 5 lbs in April/May). The clock is ticking girls!!!
  • Libby0891
    Libby0891 Posts: 70 Member
    I missed my Tuesday check in (busy week!), but here's what I have for Friday:

Weight: Still holding steady at 184.5
    Loss this week: 0

I'm trying not to get frustrated about not seeing the scale move. I am hitting my calorie target most days (weekends are still challenging), but I've been slacking a bit on the exercise front. I just got a copy of New Rules of Lifting for Women. I'm hoping adding some strength training to my running will help jump start my metabolism (and make my arms look good in my wedding dress, of course!).

So yeah. I'm REALLY trying not to get frustrated because while I'm not losing, I do feel like I'm looking fitter. Are any of you around or over 30? I think my metabolism really slowed down in the last few years (I'm 31) and I'd love to hear some tips from those of you who may have experienced something similar!

Leenors, I'm excited to hear how your dress fitting goes! You're so close to your "bridal weight!" Also, if you've been working out, those last five pounds might be muscle weight. You may find the dress looser than you anticipate.

Happy Friday, everyone! Are you guys planning out your July goals? It's just around the corner.
  • Libby0891
    Libby0891 Posts: 70 Member
    June is almost over! How did everyone's goals go? Is anyone setting goals for July?
  • jessicawrites
    jessicawrites Posts: 235 Member
    I'll be setting July goals!

My net was disappointing--I'm down a measly 0.5 pound, sitting at 129.0 today. I've had a bunch of sodium-heavy meals over the past week, so I'm hoping that some of it is water weight and the 127.5 I was seeing before was the accurate weight for me right now, but that was disheartening.

On the positive side, I definitely tried new exercise this month. I did Zumba, kettlebells, a barre/Pilates fusion class, hot vinyasa yoga, and got back into swing dance classes. I'd say I was getting a workout in about 3X a week the whole month, which was great.

My second dress fitting (for which I'd like to be at the weight I'll be when I get married) is August 11th. My July goal is to wean myself off the salt licks and explore the farmer's markets, with the ultimate goal of dropping to 125 by fitting time. Exercise-wise, I want to incorporate more weights/strength stuff into my workouts and get back into Lindy hop enough to get some choreo sketched out for first dance :).

You setting July goals, Libby?
  • CWatermelon
    CWatermelon Posts: 146 Member
    I lost thirteen pounds in the month of June :) Life is great!