Animated Horror?

Options
Mr_Cape219
Mr_Cape219 Posts: 1,345 Member
So, anyone know of a good horror animation? I know those are hard to come by and usually less than awesome. I suppose given the context that its animated, that its usually more kid friendly than not.

That said, I am really excited for "Paranorman" It isnt so much horror, but it is still creepy monster goodness. The company that made "Coraline" (Laklia) made this one too. I loved "Coraline". It was creepy and cool and as the movie progressed it slowly got darker. The book was a great read, and even scarier than the movie.

Laklia's new movie, "Paranorman" is their next stop-motion flick that involves spooky things. This time its ghosts and zombies. Check out the trailer if you wanna get a glimpse of it!

http://www.paranorman.com/

Replies

• TakeMyWifePlease
    Options
    I liked Monster House. Fun and not too scary for the kids but is still very entertaining for the adults too.
  • Mr_Cape219
    Options
    I liked Monster House. Fun and not too scary for the kids but is still very entertaining for the adults too.

Oah man. Monster House. I could I forget that one? I loved the story line and the animation. Great stuff.
  • the_journeyman
    the_journeyman Posts: 1,877 Member
    Options
    "Oh, so it's a girl house."

JM
  • Mr_Cape219
    Options
    "Oh, so it's a girl house."

JM

haha uvulas are funny lookin
  • istalkzombies
    istalkzombies Posts: 344 Member
    Options
    Dead Space: Downfall, Dead Space: Aftermath, Biohazard 4D-Executer, and Resident Evil: Degeneration are all pretty bad *kitten*

They have a new Resident Evil one coming out on October 27 2012 called Resident Evil: Damnation

Paranorman looks fun so does the new Frankenweenie. Coraline and Nightmare before Christmas were pretty cool I dont really consider any of those true horror more familyhorror type movies.
  • Mr_Cape219
    Options
    Ah of course! However, I was disappointed with Dead Space: Aftermath. It felt so much less like a Dead Space adventure, mostly due to the lack of necromorphs looking like actual necromorphs. As far as the rest listed, they are great!