NROLW Experts...

Options
perfect10isha
perfect10isha Posts: 200 Member
I'll be starting my stage 1 routine this weekend. I just re-read the book, and realized that he includes warm-up sets. Do any of you do warm sets? Or do you just do a warm up and jump right into the workout??

TIA :flowerforyou:

Replies

• AlsDonkBoxSquat
    AlsDonkBoxSquat Posts: 6,128 Member
    Options
    I never did warm up sets with NR, I always just ran a mile to warm up and then lifted.
  • meshashesha2012
    meshashesha2012 Posts: 8,326 Member
    Options
    generally speaking with strength training you do warm up sets when you're going to be working close to your 1 rep max since you dont want to be lifting a relatively heavy amount of weight cold, but honestly honestly i think it depends on how much weight you're lifting and not really something you're going to need to worry about at the start of stage 1 where the rep counts arent really conducive to strength. but in later stages you probably will want to do some warm up sets

i do warm up sets for squats , deadlifts, lat pulldowns, front squat push presses and 1 arm DB snatches because i'm always working at as close to my 1 rep max as possible but still light enough to do reps. i generally warm up with a weight that half of what i'll be starting with that day. so if i'm going to start off deadlifting 210 pounds, i do 10-15 warm up reps with 105 pounds.
  • perfect10isha
    perfect10isha Posts: 200 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the feedback ladies!!
  • Beeps2011
    Beeps2011 Posts: 11,954 Member
    Options
    For each "A" work-out and each "B" work-outI do a warm-up set(s) for the first exercise that is listed in that work-out.
  • bizco
    bizco Posts: 1,949 Member
    Options
    I follow the book exactly as written and do warm-up sets for the first exercise in each workout plus for any exercise calling for heavy weights with muscles I haven't already used. See bottom of page 133.
  • realrayne10
    realrayne10 Posts: 388 Member
    Options
    I do not do any warmup sets (or a warm up at all for that matter) because I have to cram everything into the hour I have from the time I get out of work until the fitness center closes. It's not ideal, but I have not run into any problems yet. (knock on wood)