Group exercises

Options
yarmiah
yarmiah Posts: 325 Member
Hey there!

Due to my schedule, I'm pretty limited to what group exercises I can take. So far I've tried:

1. SPINNING. I get a good burn and will do it once in a while, but since my favorite instructor left, I don't find it as fun anymore.

2. BODY ATTACK(Les Mills). I ALWAYS look forward to my occasional monday off so I can take this class. Such a BURN! The moves are pretty easy to learn, a good mix of cardio, agility and strength and I LOVE the instructor. I usually burn betweeen 500-600 calories in a 1 hour class.

3. TRX. My FAVORITE form of exercise. If I could do TRX everyday, I would. What a range of exercises using just 2 straps from a center point above. Squats, lunges, rows, chest presses, ab work, tri and bicep work . . you name it, all can be done in this class with TRX straps.

how about you guys?

Replies

• MzMandi1025
    MzMandi1025 Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    I dislike spinning. I've tried it a few different times at 2 different gyms. I wasn't a fan.

I used to like doing Yoga, but they don't have a class during a time that I can go. So the one that I loved to go to was Zumba, but I haven't gone in a really long time. I do want to get back into that tho. & I would also like to try a body sculpting class.
  • Lauraeb32
    Lauraeb32 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    I am not a group excersize person :( I need to step outside my box and try some. I lack coordination in a BAD WAY
  • Iansmommy123011
    Iansmommy123011 Posts: 872 Member
    Options
    I just started Thursday Aqua Bike. It was really fun. I think I will do it again next time.
  • ka97
    ka97 Posts: 1,984 Member
    Options
    I love spin!!!! I do spin every week for most of the year, until spring hits and I force myself to ride outside. I actually hate riding on the road with the cars, and terrified of going downhill (I'm weird, I know), but I do love spin class.
    I used to do group power until my trainer chaned up my routine - now it just doesn't fit.
    I've done step, kickboxing, and zumba. Hate zumba, not my thing. Loved kickboxing, and enjoyed step even though I'm pretty uncoordinated. Lately I've gotten really into running, plus triathlons in the spring and summer, and I play soccer. So the only class I really do regularly is the spin class.