took a break...freaked out to start again...

Options
shoegal517
shoegal517 Posts: 56 Member
So.... I got to W7D2 and have taken about a week and a half off (work activites, bday, social stuff, and some pain in my shins all attributed). I tried a run outside last Friday and it didn't go that well- I tried the outside running on W6D1 knowing that it would be tough on me being outside rather than on the treadmill.

Any advice for picking it up again and trying to transition outside as well? I have my first 5K in 3 weeks so I need to get on a good schedule!

Replies

• secretlobster
    secretlobster Posts: 3,566 Member
    Options
    I think it was a good idea going back a week if you took a week and a half off, especially if you had shin splints. There is absolutely no harm (or shame!) in doing walk/run intervals as often as you need.

If you've got a 5K in three weeks I think it's safe to say that you won't be finishing the C25K program before your race. That's okay. Race day, just do the best you can do and if you have to walk a few times, that isn't a defeat. Simply completing it having run ANY is a success. Not all days will be great run days, especially if you have some slack to pick up.

You say you went for a run last Friday, but have you run since then?
  • shoegal517
    shoegal517 Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    I ran again this Thursday and then again today. I think my App is different after I updated it because W8D3 is the last one listed. I'm pretty positive I won't be finishing the 5K in 30 minutes based on my current speed but my goal is to finish without stopping and I think I can still do it with 3 more weeks! The hardest part is the treadmill to outdoors transition for me.