sucess in week 1 now tweaking :-)

Hello!

Iv had an excellent first week on emtlw and lost not only 1.2lb, but also tonne of food / diet guilt and am eating loads of yummy food ( 10% cut plus 1/2 exercise kcal) so now its time to tweak a little...

Looking at my week i really need to up my protien cos I'm averaging 10g out per day which is loads..... Need inspiration! I'm adding it into everymeal, normally have eggs or cottage cheese pancakes for brekki, few nuts/nut butter/ cottage cheese as snack and meat or fish for dinner and lunch and even had a protien bar and bonce protien ball yesterday n today. As a really big part of my inspiration is to sort my eating habits out to be a healthy role model when I'm a mum ( 2-3 year time!!) I really want to stick to 'normal meals' rather than adding in too many shakes or foods just for protien sake. Sooooo any high protien meal ideas hugely welcome :-)

Replies

• goldengirl28
    goldengirl28 Posts: 129 Member
    Hiya and well done.

i can't add anything on the protein front as i'm still struggling to get it all in, so bumping as i want to know what the responces are as well ;)

keep up the great work
  • gemiwing
    gemiwing Posts: 1,525 Member
    Great job and big congrats!!!

I use protein powder and wouldn't hit my 200g+ goal without it. It's great for breakfast too if you're in a rush. I add bananas and peanut butter- voila- entire meal right there (450+ cals and I eat four meals or more a day).

Eggs are what get pushed a lot but there isn't that much protein in them- 9g give or take. So if your goal is something like 100g a day then yes, they are great. For those with 200+ we have to up the Protein Ante in a different way :D

Milk, cottage cheese, red meat, chicken, protein powders (vegan or nonvegan), cheese, nuts- all popular. Don't forget the wonderful potato either- not tons there but a great powerhouse of nutrition all around.
  • missdimpley
    missdimpley Posts: 192
    ^^^^^ agreed!

protein shake has HELPED me a lot!

I usually eat egg, egg white, cheese, greek yogurt (YESSSSSSS-- WHOOPING 22g for 1cup), vitatop, pb2, meat, protein bars, quiona, turkey burger, chicken, tofu, etc
  • Sharonks
    Sharonks Posts: 884 Member
    Fish. I eat a lot of tilapia because it is cheap, available and not strong like tuna (I'm not a huge tuna fan). I will often eat 8 oz at a meal for few cals (I still have to watch cals since I'm at 1600 because I'm really short)
  • meggyh20
    meggyh20 Posts: 116
    I say Greek yogurt...so easy to eat as a snack or mix into a smoothie. LOTS of protein. And I never even liked yogurt but like the creaminess of Greek yogurt, especially the ones with just a little fat. I think I didn't like yogurt before because I had never tried full fat versions. So much better and since a lot of the rest of my diet is lower in fat, I don't feel guilty about it. :)