Need Just a Little Guidance

zukkiz
zukkiz Posts: 362 Member
I can't explain how much I love the way I am getting healthy now! It's amazing and I would never go back to my old ways. However I know there is room for improvement. So here is what has happened;

1. Started truly eating more on April 30th, although I wasn't eating too much less. I was eating more on my lift days per NROLFW so there was no consistency.

2. About a week or so in, I made the command decision to be consistent.

3. Two days ago I realized I was still undereating (which didn't make me sad at all! ), so I upped my calories.

4. I have finally started getting my 4030/30 going well.

5. After my change two days ago my milk production has increased immensely, and I have a very happy baby!

6. I started this at 171, and fluctuate between 168 and 170. Loat about an inch on my waist and a half inch on my thigh.
So my questions are;

1. Do I cut at the end if June because that would be 8 weeks?
2. Do I wait to cut til the end of July, because I just truly started my correct calorie amount?
3. Would someone look at my food journal and help me eat cleaner?
4. Would love more friends!

Replies

• zukkiz
    Anyone?
  • fiveohmike
    fiveohmike Posts: 1,297 Member
    Ok I go this :) - Are you eating at your TDEE Maintenance right now or a TDEE cut target?

The thing I have been stressing to myself and to other people is consistency. You need to be consistent for a period of time to see if anything is truly happening (same goes for many things in life lol)

If you just truly got to eating consistently with your numbers I would give it 4 weeks, while taking measurements of your body parts bi weekly to track changes.

Once you have been consistent with A) your exercise and B) your calorie consumption we can than help to determine if you are doing everything else properly :)
  • zukkiz
    Thanks Mike. I am on maintenance right now.

I have been very consistent with exercise and if truth be told pretty consistent on my calories for a while, only change is upping them recently.

I think I will wait until mid June to make a change. If warranted.
  • fiveohmike
    fiveohmike Posts: 1,297 Member
    Id say around mid june, if you have not gained anything while eating TDEE Maintenance weight, you are ready for TDEE - 15% cut. The slow and steady approach to this is better in the long run.

You have already lost something ( a loss is a loss in the inch world) so that's good, which probably accounts for you not fully hitting your TDEE Maint fully.

Cant wait to see your results when you start your cut! :)
  • rotnkat
    rotnkat Posts: 393 Member
    I agree with Mike I would wait until mid June and then do your cut.

I am work right now, so I can't be on here for too much longer. But I will look at your diary when I get a chance.

Also feel free to add me because I'm always up for more supportive peeps!!!!

Anita
  • HeidiHoMom
    HeidiHoMom Posts: 1,393 Member
    I just checked out your diary and I think it looks great personally.

It looks like you get a good mix of healthy foods with the odd treat thrown in which IMO is the way to go.

I didn't go to maintenance because I was too chicken to, but I think I have more to lose than you and I didn't want to stop losing. So good for you for taking the time to do maintenance. I think it is really important. When I get down to about 175 I think I will do maintenance for a but and then cut again. So that's another 20 lbs for me.

I would cut at either mid june or end of june, I don't think it will matter too much.
  • zukkiz
    Thanks everyone! The support here us wonderful. It's great to throw out ideas and then get help making it all get into place!
  • yallcallmedeb
    yallcallmedeb Posts: 294
    Don't forget that if you are breastfeeding, you have a greater caloric intake need than average. I believe that it is an extra 300-400 calories per day!
  • zukkiz
    True I do. My TDEE is 2300, I eat 2600. I have very happy baby!