why 1,200 won't work----- muscle/fat.....

According to "Eating a healthy diet is important in reducing body fat, too, but Dr. Lopez-Jimenez observes that if you only restrict calories, you risk losing an equal amount of body fat and lean muscle tissue and thus you could end up weighing less without significantly reducing the percentage of body fat" --http://online.wsj.com/article/SB10001424052748704762904575025313433081780.html

WHY THANK YOU!!!! EAT HEALTHY, EAT MORE and work out to get proper fuel and results ;)

Replies

• fiveohmike
    fiveohmike Posts: 1,297 Member
    According to "Eating a healthy diet is important in reducing body fat, too, but Dr. Lopez-Jimenez observes that if you only restrict calories, you risk losing an equal amount of body fat and lean muscle tissue and thus you could end up weighing less without significantly reducing the percentage of body fat" --http://online.wsj.com/article/SB10001424052748704762904575025313433081780.html

WHY THANK YOU!!!! EAT HEALTHY, EAT MORE and work out to get proper fuel and results ;)

Absolutely....its the reason 1200 cal diets, 500 cal diets ect scare me. You lose muscle and fat...your body composition doesnt really change.

Who wants to lose lean muscle mass? Lean muscle mass shreds fat :p
  • missdimpley
    missdimpley Posts: 192
    yup!!! Now I'm feeling good. I mean, yes I gained.. but WHAT I WANT the msot is losing the fat and gain muscles... Muscles are sexy.... hmmm!
  • mommamuscles
    mommamuscles Posts: 584 Member
    yup!!! Now I'm feeling good. I mean, yes I gained.. but WHAT I WANT the msot is losing the fat and gain muscles... Muscles are sexy.... hmmm!

Amen to that! Who cares if we weigh more if we look better! Lol!!
  • fiveohmike
    fiveohmike Posts: 1,297 Member

Amen to that! Who cares if we weigh more if we look better! Lol!!

Exactly....toned > skinny fat