Sidelined :(

I hope this doesn't come across as a pity party. Well, it probably is one if I'm being honest. I stubbed my pinky toe earlier in the week and it really hurts. My 5k is a week from Sunday and at this rate I don't know that I'm going to get to run. I've tried putting my running shoes on, but the pressure on the toe causes a ton of pain. Yesterday morning I attempted a run and had to turn around after walking a block. The swelling doesn't seem to be decreasing - may go get it x-rayed once my daycare kiddos leave for the day to find out definitively if I have broken my toe as opposed to just stubbed it. I've never had a stubbed toe throbbing 3 days after the incident. :(

Anyways, I'm trying not to let it get me too down. I now realize how much running has been doing for my psychologically. I'm really struggling with not being able to get out and run. Also, the constant pain is just kind of wearing on me. I'm definitely feeling very grumpy right now.

I have decided if I don't get to run my 5k, I will at least volunteer to help on race day. It feels important to me to still participate in the race even if I don't get to run it. This is my first race since my decision to become a healthier me (for good this time).

Anyways, just a little discouraged today - trying to find my silver lining!

Replies

• fiveohmike
    fiveohmike Posts: 1,297 Member
    Have you tried athletes tape? Maybe tape up the front part of the foot so its stiff (assuming its not broken), loosen the shoe a tad and try running?
  • rmk20togo
    rmk20togo Posts: 353 Member
    Have you tried athletes tape? Maybe tape up the front part of the foot so its stiff (assuming its not broken), loosen the shoe a tad and try running?

If it is broken taping is probably all the doc will do. If you can't run it, walk it. If you can't walk it, cheer someone else on! :drinker: There will always be another reace. :tongue: