Gotta love the WHOOSH effect!

ox45
ox45 Posts: 90 Member
I can't prove that the whoosh effect is real, but I'll be damned if it didn't happen to me last night/today!

All day yesterday I felt squishy. I noticed that when I undressed at night, I had an indent in my skin from where my pants sat. They aren't tight on me, and I never had that indent. So my curiosity got the better of me and I started poking around. I noticed that everything felt loose dimply. I also noticed that I seemed to go to the bathroom on a higher ratio of what I drank all day.

I am a daily weigher, more for record keeping than anything. Well this morning I was down 2.6 pounds from yesterday. It's tough to mark any progress yet as this is my first week with the higher calories, but I had been steadily gaining all week from 198.2 on Monday to 199.8 on Thursday. Now this morning 197.2.

So while it is not scientific at all, I believe in the WHOOSH effect!

Replies

• HeidiHoMom
    HeidiHoMom Posts: 1,393 Member
    Congrats on your loss!
  • Mommareed4
    Mommareed4 Posts: 144
    Congrats on your loss!! hope it is true... been feeling awfully squishy yesterday and today, and I dont want to weigh in bc last time it said 3.5 gain
  • SweatpantsRebellion
    SweatpantsRebellion Posts: 754 Member
    Woo hoo! WHOOSH!
  • mommamuscles
    mommamuscles Posts: 584 Member
    I was up 6 lbs this morning...I know it is because Ive had two binges this week. Feeling very squishy!! Hoping this feelibg leaves quickly! congrats on your loss!
  • mommamuscles
    mommamuscles Posts: 584 Member
    I was up 6 lbs this morning...I know it is because Ive had two binges this week. Feeling very squishy!! Hoping this feelibg leaves quickly! congrats on your loss!
  • Zylayna
    Zylayna Posts: 728 Member
    I wanna WHOOSH.....when can I WHOOSH? :sad:

Congrats on your WHOOSHING!!:drinker:
  • sugarplumj
    sugarplumj Posts: 107 Member
    I didn't know this was a phenomenon, and I like it! Well done on the progress-I just increased my cals by 500 last week, too, and felt so miserable and bloated and gross, then this a.m. wore my skinniest jeans without a problem! Keep up the fantastic work!
  • Aleara2012
    Aleara2012 Posts: 225 Member
    I wanna WHOOSH.....when can I WHOOSH? :sad:

Congrats on your WHOOSHING!!:drinker:

I seem to be the only one who doesnt know what WHOOOSH means...
  • ox45
    ox45 Posts: 90 Member
    [/quote]

I seem to be the only one who doesnt know what WHOOOSH means...
    [/quote]

Check this article out:
    http://www.bodyrecomposition.com/fat-loss/of-whooshes-and-squishy-fat.html