Has anyone read, "The Metabolism Miracle" book?

Options
Hi, I was wondering if anyone has read, "The Metabolism Miracle" by Diane Kress and tried the suggested diet? I have a friend who did and has been very successful with it. I appreciate your comments. Thanks

Replies

• tecallahan
    tecallahan Posts: 732 Member
    Options
    It's just like Adkins or other low-carb diets. I think Paleo or Primal is better for hypo -- it's all natural, lots of fruit, veggies, nuts, lean meat/fish... The danger with low carb is that when you let loose and eat carbs the weight comes back with a vengeance.
  • jadesign19
    jadesign19 Posts: 512 Member
    Options
    I read the book and have been following the guidelines for stage one. The first week was hard. I know it was what people call detoxing from sugar. I've lost about 2 lbs. which for me is fantastic. But I am down a size in pants. Amazing feeling. I'm on day 12. I have an appt with endo doctor In two weeks.. I lost all carb cravings.
    I'm still on phase one. I do eat a lot of vegetables. More than I ever have. Lean protein and nuts. I try to limit artificial sweeteners and processed foods. Let me know what you think of the book. Good luck to you.
  • zmacmum
    zmacmum Posts: 5
    Options
    Thanks, I plan to start the plan on Mon. It sounds like you are having the same success as my friend. :smile: