beer...is it allowed on low carb diet?

Options
djf23
djf23 Posts: 58 Member
so the one thing i probably miss alot already is my beer...before i was one for carlton draught...but apparently that has heaps of carbs

ive been searching and found that hahns super dry has 3.2 grams per stubby, but i keep being told that alcohol and beer interfere with ketosis, is this so? and is anyone else here still drinking on low carb

i know vodka n stuff doesnt have carbs but im not really one for straight vodka or whatever it may be

the other thing is i tend to chug it, is it okay if on very rare occasions that majority of your carbs is from beer??

Replies

• missyyclaire
    missyyclaire Posts: 572 Member
    Options
    I truly don't know. On occasion I have a glass or two of red wine...maybe once or twice a month. I seem to be able to stay in ketosis with the wine. I haven't done white as I think it might have more carbs?
  • JustQuitIt
    JustQuitIt Posts: 38
    Options
    Maybe one beer...I went crazy on Thursday and had seven (4 at lunch, 3 at dinner) and my carbs were over 100. Also, I don't know about you, but alcohol, especially beer, makes me crave food, and generally carby food. Thus I also had some chinese food. For me, beer=no. At least for a month or so.
  • djf23
    Options
    Maybe one beer...I went crazy on Thursday and had seven (4 at lunch, 3 at dinner) and my carbs were over 100. Also, I don't know about you, but alcohol, especially beer, makes me crave food, and generally carby food. Thus I also had some chinese food. For me, beer=no. At least for a month or so.

im not to sure about the beer, usually if i drink beer i dont drink to get drunk haha and its usually at mine camp so have to stay under alcohol limit so i dont blow over, so i dont usually feel hungry, but omfg if i drink like liquor or spirits i eat so much, last time i drank i had a bottle of bundaberg and then ate like 3 buns and a burger haha, probably will stick away from drinking too much.

i will give it a try, stick to like a 6 pack of the super drys, thats has..19.2 grams carbs
  • djf23
    Options
    I truly don't know. On occasion I have a glass or two of red wine...maybe once or twice a month. I seem to be able to stay in ketosis with the wine. I haven't done white as I think it might have more carbs?

i had read somewhere that red wine is fine to drink, white wine i havent a clue

but either way, i hate wine, tastes like off grape juice lol
  • SmartWhatever
    SmartWhatever Posts: 718 Member
    Options
    I have be known to drink a few Michelob Ultras on weekends. They have only 2.6 garbs per bottle. Its never knocked me out of ketosis.
  • djf23
    Options
    I have be known to drink a few Michelob Ultras on weekends. They have only 2.6 garbs per bottle. Its never knocked me out of ketosis.

i heard of this one before, havent seen it in perth before though

will look out for it