Major Victory

Options
missyyclaire
missyyclaire Posts: 572 Member
If any of you have followed my escapades, you know I'm type 2 diabetic. I've had it for 8 years and have managed it fairly well with 5mg of Glyburide a day, one pill. After going low carb-into ketosis I found I was having low readings, so I went to half a pill a day. But even that was creating lows, so knowing I had 4 weeks before I'd see my Doc, I took myself off my meds and promised I'd check my sugars religiously. (They were all normal readings)

I saw my Doc this past Tues, he took blood work and yesterday I was told I could stay off my medication! Hip hip hooray! Now, I realize I'm not cured of diabetes, but I am managing it very well with my diet. I've done this way of eating for long enough to trust myself. I'm sticking with it!

2011 A1c 7.2%
2011 average blood sugar 154
2012 A1c 5.3%
2012 average blood sugar 90

Yay!!!!

Blood pressure is down, good cholesterol is up, bad cholesterol is down, tryglycerides are down....just like the books said they would. Super happy about all this! One of my goals is to get off all those meds, and now I'm off one of the three! Two more to go.

I am sticking with this!

Replies

• laurelderry
    laurelderry Posts: 384 Member
    Options
    Elaine,

That is absolutely FANTASTIC!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!