Protein powders and workouts??

Options
Never had a protein shake before?? Any recommendations? This is to cover my large protein deficit.

Also, what kind of workouts are best with EM2LW? I have cut down on cardio, but am still doing JM 30DS. Also, trying to lift heavier at the gym. Any other ideas/workout plans?

:ohwell:

Replies

• ANewLucia
    ANewLucia Posts: 2,081 Member
    Options
    Never had a protein shake before?? Any recommendations? This is to cover my large protein deficit.

Also, what kind of workouts are best with EM2LW? I have cut down on cardio, but am still doing JM 30DS. Also, trying to lift heavier at the gym. Any other ideas/workout plans?

:ohwell:

I love dr mercola pure protein powder...organic!

HIIT training is a great fat blaster!
  • pmanco2009
    pmanco2009 Posts: 76
    Options
    Thank you! Where can I buy dr mercola pure protein powder? Also, have already started on HIIT. Will let you know how I get on.x
  • ANewLucia
    ANewLucia Posts: 2,081 Member
    Options
    Awesome on HIIT. I buy it from his site. Just google his name. I believe amazon sells it too.
  • Ironphoenix
    Ironphoenix Posts: 36
    Options
    I really like Sunwarrior Protein powder and Vega Proteins too. Both are organic and free of any nasty stuff and allergens etc.. Which makes them easier to assimilate. Vega also do a really good protein bar which I use in emergencies occasionally. Try and get protein in with real food thou because is better for our bodies to recover it in that way (aside from straight after working out because at that point your digestive system has slowed down and you need protein into your muscles as quickly as possible). Friend me if you'd like me to help x
  • Noor13
    Noor13 Posts: 964 Member
    Options
    I use BluBonnet Whey Isolate Protein Powder-Natural. Without sweeteners or anything else in it.
  • DianeinCA
    DianeinCA Posts: 307 Member
    Options
    What do you mix your powder with? I've been doing a 50/50 combo of milk and water (to keep down the calorie count) with some frozen fruit, but I'm wondering if I should try fruit juices instead. Or just water and fruit? (And spinach and kale, although I forgot to pick some up at the store last time I was there.)