hope

I have spent the first several months of this year losing 11 pounds. Keep in mind that I'm over100 pounds over weight. I was so frustrated because I thought it would come off faster. If I went over my 1350 allotment to 2100 my weight would jump up a couple pounds and stay there for 2 weeks or more. 3 weeks ago I decided to try em2wl. I started out eating my bmr and some exercise calories. I immediately gained 4 pounds. Then 2 days ago I actually went up to my cut value with some info from friends on here. So here I am eating 2100 calories daily!!!!! Needless to say I was petrified to get on the scale this morning. I have lost 2 of my 4 pound gain. Wow. This gives me hope that I can get this weight off and keep it off. I can live much more easily starting at 2100 and moving down from there. Where would I go starting at 1350? Thanks to all the people on here for your help and encouragement!

Replies

• SweatpantsRebellion
    SweatpantsRebellion Posts: 754 Member
    That is so great to here. Isn't it amazing knowing that we can eat more? I feel so much hope - you've chosen just the right word. I've lost these same pounds before, but was never at a calorie level that I could sustain. I feel like this will be so different now that I have proper information. I will get to eat - even when I've lost my weight! It's so encouraging!

Congrats on your hard work! We will chug along perhaps a bit slower than we'd like to at times, but in the end we will get there.
  • jj3120
    jj3120 Posts: 358
    I love these posts realising it is possible to eat a sustainable amount & lose weight!
    Slow and steady but we will get there!!!
    Good luck on your journey : )
  • graysmom2005
    graysmom2005 Posts: 1,882 Member
    That's fantastic news! I can't wait to follow your journey! :-)))
  • kimmerkay
    kimmerkay Posts: 110
    Thanks! I'm very hopeful. Lol
  • divediva2
    divediva2 Posts: 297 Member
    I am smiling for you! :flowerforyou:
  • HeidiHoMom
    HeidiHoMom Posts: 1,393 Member
    Glad it is starting to work for you!

I think the beginning requires patience but it definitely pays off.