Midriff: 38 (-2 inches)

Upper Arm: 14 (-1 inch)

Waist: 39.5 (-1.5 inches)

Upper Hip: 45 (-3.5 inches)

Lower Hip: 50.5 (-1.5 inches)

Upper Thigh: 31 (no change)

Mid Thigh: 28 (no change)

Calf: 18 (no change)

So, down 7 pounds and 15 inches. I'm having a hard time seeing the results in the photos. Looking in the mirror and feeling the workouts, I honestly thought I had made a lot more progress. I know the progress I did make is nothing to sneeze at, but I'm beyond tired of this 230-240 lb brick wall I keep hitting.

Replies

• azwaa
    azwaa Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    You can't see results?! Are you kidding. You look much thinner, almost like you just ran a photoshop thinning filter. You happen to have lost fat everywhere, which maybe why it is harder for you to notice. Look at those thighs, there is space between them. And you can see a waist starting and that fat under the armpit, definitely disappearing. Fifteen inches is lot for one month. Don't be so hard on yourself. I can see a difference and once you make it to the end, you will be amazed.
  • gerbies
    gerbies Posts: 444 Member
    Options
    Really great job!! You can definitely tell in the photos. And your stats are amazing! I lost more weight in Phase 1, but less inches; I'd take inches any day!!! You'll get there. Keep your eating clean and focus on your workouts and you'll see your body change!
  • Sarahbear83
    Sarahbear83 Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    Thanks. =) I guess it may be more difficult to see since I see myself every day. I'm not giving up. I think I just expected the weight loss to be more, since people tend to lose 30-40 lbs on the program. I'm not following the meal plan because the recipes are sort of elaborate, but I picked a few recipes that are simple and am more closely following the Skinny Rules book for food guidance. I have noticed since I started that, my cravings are way down and I don't care for sugary food or salty foods. It really helped me cut back on sodium.

I think another reason I was so disappointed is because I've fluctuated between 235-248 lbs for a whole year now. I'll be so glad to break that barrier.

Thanks again, to both of you, for your encouragement. =)
  • KGTraxler
    KGTraxler Posts: 144
    Options
    Phase1JMBRFront.png

Phase1JMBRSide-1.jpg

4/27 – Weight: 246 lbs

Upper Chest: 43

Bust: 46

Midriff: 40

Upper Arm: 15

Waist: 41

Upper Hip: 49.5

Lower Hip: 52

Upper Thigh: 31

Mid Thigh: 28

Calf: 18

5/26 – Weight: 239.8 lbs (-7 lbs)

Upper Chest: 40 (-3 inches)

Bust: 43 (-3 inches)

Midriff: 38 (-2 inches)

Upper Arm: 14 (-1 inch)

Waist: 39.5 (-1.5 inches)

Upper Hip: 45 (-3.5 inches)

Lower Hip: 50.5 (-1.5 inches)

Upper Thigh: 31 (no change)

Mid Thigh: 28 (no change)

Calf: 18 (no change)

So, down 7 pounds and 15 inches. I'm having a hard time seeing the results in the photos. Looking in the mirror and feeling the workouts, I honestly thought I had made a lot more progress. I know the progress I did make is nothing to sneeze at, but I'm beyond tired of this 230-240 lb brick wall I keep hitting.

You can TOTALLY see the results, especially in your midsection and legs. Congratulations that is such a HUGE accomplishment! 15 inches is insane! It's important to be happy with yourself, but also remember that we have biased perspectives of our bodies. Trust others who tell you that your progress is showing through. I can relate because I do that all of the time. Keep going; you look great!
  • Fcole88
    Fcole88 Posts: 3
    Options
    Oh I think you can tell as well! Congrats!
  • shimmergal
    shimmergal Posts: 381 Member
    Options
    Congrats! I def see quite a difference in the upper abs area.