Every little victory...

StephieWillcox
StephieWillcox Posts: 627 Member
... SO I have been on this weightloss journey for YEARS, eating 1200 calories and not losing. 4 weeks ago I started EMTWL and I feel better than I have done in years... Sort of... I am feeling low about what I put my body through, but I feel committed to the slow process I have embarked on.

I had a bad week this week so I wanted to post this to remind myself of the good things that I have done this week.

1) I told my husband to hide the scale. It's been 2 weeks since I last weighed and I feel FREE

2) I bought clothes in the correct size. I haven't been shopping in years, all because I was embarrassed or felt ashamed of being a UK16. I was always "waiting" for my big weightloss to buy new clothes. Now I have some nice new things that I can wear RIGHT NOW, not in a week or a month or a year. RIGHT NOW.

This is a huge victory for me. Accepting my body as it is. I know that over time the inches will fall and hopefully so will the weight, and now I can be dressed appropriately for the journey!

Steph x

Replies

• gemiwing
    gemiwing Posts: 1,525 Member
    Steph, sounds like you're starting to get an outlook as pretty as you are!

Some amazing changes taking place for you and that's super exciting! I put off buying clothes too- I hated the whole experience. Now, even though I'm still bigger, I am no longer cowed and mopey when shopping. I know I'll get there eventually :D
  • ANewLucia
    ANewLucia Posts: 2,081 Member
    I love this! What an awesome outlook and yay for getting ride of the scale!
  • ermickel
    ermickel Posts: 167 Member
    So great!!
  • twoboys2012
    twoboys2012 Posts: 352 Member
    well done .... good when you can go shopping and feel good about what you have bought. I had that last week and i am a fellow shopper who gringes when I have to. But i actually enjoyed it. Great stuff
  • tangiesharp
    tangiesharp Posts: 315 Member
    Those aren't little victories. Those are BIG, AWESOME, GREAT victories. Congrats to you!!
  • StephieWillcox
    Thanks ladies your lovely comments really brightened my day!

And gemiwing you are too sweet!

Hopefully I will be less of a lurker on these boards now that I have managed to take back some self-confidence. Good luck to you all in your journeys :)
  • Noor13
    Noor13 Posts: 964 Member
    Hello Steph! I too think that this is a big victory :)

I am in the UK as well, btw :)

Keep string and things will turn out just fine
  • Symonep
    Symonep Posts: 181 Member
    My theory is that it is better to look 'good' big, then look daggy. So I like buying things at any size :happy:
  • JadeRabbit08
    JadeRabbit08 Posts: 551 Member
    ... SO I have been on this weightloss journey for YEARS, eating 1200 calories and not losing. 4 weeks ago I started EMTWL and I feel better than I have done in years... Sort of... I am feeling low about what I put my body through, but I feel committed to the slow process I have embarked on.

I had a bad week this week so I wanted to post this to remind myself of the good things that I have done this week.

1) I told my husband to hide the scale. It's been 2 weeks since I last weighed and I feel FREE

2) I bought clothes in the correct size. I haven't been shopping in years, all because I was embarrassed or felt ashamed of being a UK16. I was always "waiting" for my big weightloss to buy new clothes. Now I have some nice new things that I can wear RIGHT NOW, not in a week or a month or a year. RIGHT NOW.

This is a huge victory for me. Accepting my body as it is. I know that over time the inches will fall and hopefully so will the weight, and now I can be dressed appropriately for the journey!

Steph x

That is so great Steph. Your body is going to thank you. Here to a healthy you. :)
    (You have a drop dead gorgeous smile)
  • jj3120
    jj3120 Posts: 358
    Brilliant your doing great! Such a positive outlook makes the whole process much easier!

I'm from the uk too :smile:
  • Zylayna
    Zylayna Posts: 728 Member
    Love your post!!! Having a positive attitude in the midst of your struggles and learning to accept and love yourself where you are right now is HUGE!! So many of us have such a hard time of that. I look up to that kind of example and it has been a great reminder to me that no matter where I am in my journey, I am beautiful if my heart is right. That kind of beauty simply shines out of our pores. :happy:

You ROCK!
  • StephieWillcox
    Just wanted to tag a little update on the end of my post :)

You guys made me feel wonderful, and you really cheered me up while I was having a hard time.

I'm still getting through a hard time, but I'm so pleased to be able to say my eating has been going really well - sometimes it's even all the way up to TDEE which I am just thrilled about!

My exercise seems to have disappeared, but it will come back, and right now I feel like eating right and having time for my husband are more important :)

Thanks again guys. X
  • fiveohmike
    fiveohmike Posts: 1,297 Member
    Just wanted to tag a little update on the end of my post :)

You guys made me feel wonderful, and you really cheered me up while I was having a hard time.

I'm still getting through a hard time, but I'm so pleased to be able to say my eating has been going really well - sometimes it's even all the way up to TDEE which I am just thrilled about!

My exercise seems to have disappeared, but it will come back, and right now I feel like eating right and having time for my husband are more important :)

Thanks again guys. X

Fantastic, keep it up! Thats what EM2WL is all about, enjoying life and still being able to lose weight. You may not be the fastest, but you will be the happiest while losing weight :)
  • bsinno
    bsinno Posts: 344 Member
    loved reading this, thank you steph!
  • MrsKosal
    MrsKosal Posts: 415 Member
    GOOD JOB!!!! I am glad you are starting to feel better and doing things for yourself! You are on the right path! Good luck!
  • SweatpantsRebellion
    SweatpantsRebellion Posts: 754 Member
    ((HUGS)) I got all misty eyed reading this because I can tell how HUGE these things are for you. I can relate to the holding out until I fit attitude of not buying clothing. Haha - my name is SweatpantsRebellion because I was LIVING in sweatpants. I did finally break down and buy blue jeans that I can wear now. Wearing sweatpants only made me feel and look worse. I HATED buying the sizes that I did, but I actually ended up feeling better because I look better in jeans that fit properly than in sweatpants.

Anyways, I'm going on and on here just to say simply that I can relate! :flowerforyou:

Go you! You're awesome!
  • GoGoGadgetMum
    GoGoGadgetMum Posts: 292 Member
    This is such a nice post. I think what you said about exercise going but you know it will come back is so true. We need to make this journey fit in with our lives or it won't be enjoyable or sustainable. I sometimes freak when it comes to school holidays and not being able to do my normal routine. But my kids need me and i need them, and my routine comes back every time.

Have a fabulous day with that fabulous smile
    Rach:flowerforyou:
  • PLUMSGRL
    PLUMSGRL Posts: 1,134 Member
    I'm sorry you're having a bad week ((((hugs)))).

But looking at the big picture, you're getting physically and mentally stronger as each day goes by.
    It's always good to know that there are others in the same boat (getting to be an ark) with me!
    Thank you!
  • MileyClimb
    MileyClimb Posts: 414 Member
    ((((((hugs)))) I am 9 days being off the scale for me that is big. I would weigh everyday. I've been 9 days in on eat more to weigh less also. those little victories add up to huge accomplishements
  • Mc_Queen
    Mc_Queen Posts: 48 Member
    You are doing such good things for yourself! Huge respect for that!!

Congrats and best of luck with your onward journey... :flowerforyou: