I just turned down...

A butterfinger bite from my co-worker. I absolutely didn't want it. Now, the backstory is that I sit right next to the snack box (for charity) at work and it has probably been half of the reason I gained so much weight over the last year. Now, I come to work prepared with an array of healthy snacks and eat them evenly spaced throughout the day, so I am always prepared if I start to get hungry and don't crave the sweets I used to. I'm so happy, because I was going to suggest we get rid of the snack box so I didn't have to live with the temptation. Now will I still finish the day eating the penne pesto bake DH is making tonight? Absolutely, but I have 1000 calories left that says I can. ;)

Replies

• scottc561
    scottc561 Posts: 329 Member
    A butterfinger bite from my co-worker. I absolutely didn't want it. Now, the backstory is that I sit right next to the snack box (for charity) at work and it has probably been half of the reason I gained so much weight over the last year. Now, I come to work prepared with an array of healthy snacks and eat them evenly spaced throughout the day, so I am always prepared if I start to get hungry and don't crave the sweets I used to. I'm so happy, because I was going to suggest we get rid of the snack box so I didn't have to live with the temptation. Now will I still finish the day eating the penne pesto bake DH is making tonight? Absolutely, but I have 1000 calories left that says I can. ;)

good job, i know sweats are the main reason I have gained weight over the last 4 years. Everyear around the holidays i gain around 10lbs from all the junk food at work, cake, cookies, candies etc. I still eat some on occasion but I have really cut down like 95% of it.
  • twoboys2012
    twoboys2012 Posts: 352 Member
    well done ... oh those dreaded snack boxes ... i would still get it moved or get rid of it. lol
  • MileyClimb
    MileyClimb Posts: 414 Member
    great job I go grocery shopping on June 12th can you share your healthy snacks you eat with me. give me some suggestions.
  • meggyh20
    meggyh20 Posts: 116
    My favorite healthy snack is Greek yogurt. Never liked yogurt before, but particularly love the brand "Better Whey of Life" which may not be available everywhere yet as it is a new brand (I'm in Colorado). It is packed with protein without a huge amount of sugar. I also bring fruits like apples, bananas, berries, etc. Next grocery shop I'm going to get some veggies and hummus. I also like cheese sticks, usually mozzarella. If you want to look more closely at what i eat, you should be able to view my diary each day. I tend to eat Smoothies for breakfast, above snacks throughout the day, then eat a larger dinner. And I only drink water And coffee, with the occasional crystal light. Hope that helps!
  • meggyh20
    meggyh20 Posts: 116
    Here's another I'm absolutely going to make, substituting Sunbutter for peanut butter due to my son's allergy. One of my friends just posted this to Facebook.

http://gimmesomeoven.com/no-bake-energy-bites/
  • MichelleRenee13
    MichelleRenee13 Posts: 363 Member
    Good for you! I know every Thursday at work is difficult. Thursdays are bagel and donut day. I used to have 2 donuts when I did partake. It feels good to be in control....I would still like that donut every Thursday though!
  • shreddin_mama
    shreddin_mama Posts: 1,076 Member
    what a great feeling! good job
  • HeidiHoMom
    HeidiHoMom Posts: 1,393 Member
    Good job!
  • jj3120
    jj3120 Posts: 358
    Here's another I'm absolutely going to make, substituting Sunbutter for peanut butter due to my son's allergy. One of my friends just posted this to Facebook.

http://gimmesomeoven.com/no-bake-energy-bites/

These sound lovely, thanks for posting : )