Help

lyndall5311
lyndall5311 Posts: 146 Member
I dont know if this is something that anyone can tell me.

I've be eating more for the past week and Ive already put on 1.8kg. How much weight should I expecting to put on before I start loosing again?

My BMR is 1731

TDEE to maintain is 2683

TDEE - 15% is 2281

I have been exercising each day this week burning between 350-460 calories and I have been eating these back to reach at least my BMR, so essentially my TDEE less my exercise calories.

What Im essentially wanting to know is how long before I start loosing weight, but also how much weight will i gain before I start loosing again?

I know its probably something that cant be answered. but even if ppl could tell me how much they gained and how long before they started loosing again.

Thanks, Lyndall :smile:

Replies

• 31prvrbs
    31prvrbs Posts: 687 Member
    Hi!

Have you read the "what to expect" sticky? If not, *please* do :flowerforyou:
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/521728-upping-cals-what-to-expect-why-you-need-patience

It is different for everyone. We typically recommend not expecting any thing for the first 4-6 weeks, other than scale fluctuations, which is probably what you're experiencing now. The body typically goes through a water retention phase as it adjusts to the new cal level. The water will typically drop off shortly, and then you can get back to losing.

The sticky as well as reading some of the others experiences will help you to see how it works differently for each person :wink:

~Kiki
  • divediva2
    divediva2 Posts: 297 Member
    Lyndall, I am 25 days into this program of eating more and I know it is scary. I still am but I know I have to be patient too! Keep reading the sticky posts. View the videos. They help me when I feel like giving up. My first week I lost 3 lbs, felt wonderful but then I gained it back and an extra 1, you can imagine I was feeling low. I was now above my start weight. With support and encouragement I continue on.

As of Fridays weigh in I am 2 lbs down. I have also taken my measurements, no changes there yet. I am not really exercising at the moment. My mindset is not there right now for some reason. I am working very hard on the eating healthy and getting my daily tracking done. That is under control so I am proud of that accomplishment. My challenge to myself this week is to call my former trainer and set up an appointment. I need to get back in the weight room!

I cannot answer your questions, I can encourage you to not give up. I know how you feel, I have been there and I may still have those same feelings again. The bottom line is right now I feel very good about what I am doing. I feel good. I have energy. I am sleeping well. I can see light at the end of the tunnel and it has been dark for a very long time.