Resistance training and appetite

Options
MichelleRenee13
MichelleRenee13 Posts: 363 Member
I am super hungry! I am eating 1700 calories doing hiit 30/45 @ 9 rounds (2 times a week after resistance training) and 3 days of resistance training. The heaviest weight I am lifting is 10 lbs. It takes me anywhere between 23-35 minutes to complete a session. My appetite has been increasing over the last few weeks, but since I started THIS week doing the resistance training....I am starving!

Anyone else have a similar experience?

Michelle

Replies

• 31prvrbs
    31prvrbs Posts: 687 Member
    Options
    Yes ma'am! I lift crazy heavy. Hungry ALL.THE.TIME

Lol. Heavy lifting calls for some heavy eatin' ;)

Kiki
  • MichelleRenee13
    Options
    Heck Kiki...I am only lifting 10lbs....I didn't expect the increase in appetite. I don't know if that is the reason but.....I WANT TO EAT ALL THE TIME! : )
  • 31prvrbs
    31prvrbs Posts: 687 Member
    Options
    10lbs ain't nuthin to scoff at :wink:

I know my hunger was kickin w/10lbs, too. Lol

It's because of the afterburn factor. You're burning so many cals at rest, that you just stay hungry. I actually adjust my cals based on my lift sched, because my body just requires it. Muscles are pretty demanding about their food :tongue:
  • MichelleRenee13
    Options
    I may fool around with my calories and see what happens. I don't feel like I am exercising enough to up my calorie intake, but I am hungry so....it is something to think about.
  • shreddin_mama
    shreddin_mama Posts: 1,076 Member
    Options
    so eat some yummy nutritious foods
  • Mandys_Getting_Fit
    Mandys_Getting_Fit Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    I've noticed this with beginning strength training again as well. My TDEE less 15% is around 1700 also, but a few days ago I ate well over 2500! I was HUNGRY. The way I looked at it, if I'm hungry I eat now. I want my body to start trusting that I'm going to feed it when it needs nourishing. :happy: