Does EMTWL need to include heavy lifting?

heidi5k
heidi5k Posts: 181 Member
Hi! I have been doing the EMTWL method for 2 or 3 weeks. It makes tons of sense to me, and having not been much of a yo yo dieter, I don't think I've had to do much metabolism repair.

I'm curious if there are many people who are eating this way who are not lifting heavy. It seems like they go hand in hand for quite a few people.

I haven't introduced regular exercise into my routine, and am a long way from a gym membership/ heavy lifting. Does this mean I should be doing something different with my eating?

(Btw, I know I should be exercising. I just am not, despite my "plans". I hope to make it part of my routine, but the truth is that currently that's not happening.)

Thanks peeps!

Replies

• kazzsjourney
    kazzsjourney Posts: 674 Member
    I dont do heavy lifting. I had a DEXA scan last month and based on my goal to lose another 5-7 kilos of fat and my high lean body mass it was recommended i do cardio as a focus. So im doing 2 x running sessions (1 hour each), 1 x cycle class, 1 x body pump class and 1 x body balance class I also do a PT session each week which is weights. I sometimes where time allows do a hour of boxing and a extra body pump class. Ive had a few ups and downs (my own fault) but this week with eating at 20%of my TDEE i have lost 7 pounds....so what im doing is working for me....if the losses stall ill increase my eating by 5%
  • gemiwing
    gemiwing Posts: 1,525 Member
    Eating more to weigh less is just math. There is no 'workout plan' no 'diet requirements' nothing- just meet your macros and eat at a 15% (or less) deficit for safe weight loss.

You could do nothing but sit on your tuchus all day and this would work for you. It would be harder as your cals are lower- but the principle remains the same.