Any vegans reaching protein macros?

Hi!

I've been eating more for about... 3-4 weeks now? I think? I'm trying not to count and just go with it. Also not weighing. Feeling better.

I've been doing mostly okay on eating enough. Going under a few times, but not by much. Mostly I think I'm just learning to trust that it's okay. However, I never reach 30% protein.

I'm a vegan, and have been for about a month and a half. Before that, I was a vegetarian who didn't eat a lot of dairy or eggs. But when I was counting protein, I'd add in Greek yogurt as the only way I could think of to eat enough protein.

Protein powders help a bit, by adding about 25 grams a day. But, short of having 3 shakes, any ideas on getting enough protein? Or since I'm consuming whole grains and beans as if it were a religion, do the numbers not matter as much?

Thanks for any help.

Replies

• fuzzyslipperz
    fuzzyslipperz Posts: 49 Member
    How about things like Tofu and Seitan? I am way over on protein macros, but I'm a vegetarian and eat a ton of egg whites (from my own chickens) and homemade greek yogurt. Oh, and vegan protein powder. You probably already know you can make your own seitan if you aren't a tofu person. :)