Welcome and Introductions

Options
Jebbster007
Jebbster007 Posts: 265 Member
HI All, my name is Jim and I started this group for people who just can't STAND to exercise but they KNOW they need to move the bod anyway doing something. So they dance, hike, dance some more. Any style really, swing, ballroom, hip hop, TAP!!!! Because you know thats the only way you're going to get the exercise you need.

So, name is James
49 yrs old
starting tap dancing a year out of high school but have not been doing it for 30 years straight. I study for awhile, then I don't have money so I'm not necessarily taking classes and learning new stuff but I am working periodically on stuff I've already learned. I've probably been dancing for 10 years total even though I started almost in my early 20's. Tell me about yourself and of course let me if you have any topics you'd like to talk about. Group has been up for a day and we have 7 members woohoo.

Replies

• DriniLove
    DriniLove Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I'm Drini
    I'm 25
    I love Dance, but don't have the money to let someone at a studio work me out. So the closest I get is clubbing all night, which at least works up a sweat. Anyways, haven't went clubbing in about a year since I recently became a mom. I never wstick to just dancing in the house alone with out a purpose. I wish I had a best friend with a ballet bar, and a boyfriend who could dance. It'd be nice if they both like tennis, kickball, and whipping me into shape. But at, my closest friends are all twigs not curvy, and don't do ballet, or any other strenous form of dance. And my boyfriend is a super athletic football player, who doesn't need to exercise to stay in shape. And would much rather play ghost recon or black ops (which he also is very good at) then take the time to learn to dance. :)
  • richx
    richx Posts: 13
    Options
    Hello dancers. Although I love to dance (learn, do, teach), I also enjoy working out too. I exercise so I can dance. Dancing 3 years now. Starting the journey into Standard (a/k/a International dance). Excellent way to move, burn calories and ives you a psychological sense of well being. Any dancers here use kettlebells for core work?
  • jerzanka
    jerzanka Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Hello Hoofers!
    I'm Anna, 22, and I'm dancing for almost a year- Irish Soft and Scottish (Highlands and ceilidh). Next week I start Irish Step course and I can't wait for it! For me it's the best activity, together with ice skating. I have no chance to become a professional dancer, but I do it for pleasure only. But to do my best I have to loose some weight (well, a fat dancer doesn't look good in stockings ;P and it's also bad for joints). My goal for now is 75, and if everything goes well, 70 kg.