Insanity/Shakeology group startin June 1

Options
This is to invite new people to the program to the group - please contact me for more information 4 ladies are starting on June 1st.

Replies

• nnw8604
    nnw8604 Posts: 15
    Options
    I don't have shakeology, but I am going to be on a strict diet, and so it matches up with the days of the week on the Insanity calendar, I started yesterday. I'll be a few days ahead of everyone but I need support. I tried Insanity before and only lasted two weeks (my work and school schedule was too hectic). i have the time now, so I'm ready to see how it will transform my body.
  • Freddylicious
    Options
    I started today, I'll be a bit ahead. And I also will not use Shakeology but a personal diet.
  • Nutrition1975
    Nutrition1975 Posts: 111
    Options
    I started a FB group with 5 people we are doing it around June 1 we are waiting for one to get her workout- so I will be a little behind, but it is my 3rd time doing this program. I took a break and did 5 months of Turbo Fire - now I am back and I am looking for support from all avenues - this workout is intense the more people experiencing the same thing we can motivate each other. I do drink Shakeology - personal preference
  • amoeni1
    amoeni1 Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    I started this week (Monday May 28) and I am using chocolate shakeology so I too am a little ahead but I can also give advice and maybe keep in contact with you other ladies who are about where I am on this insanity journey. I love my chocolate shakeology in the morning, its yummy with PB2 and almond milk, and keeps me going well after my morning workout and I'm not full or craving sweets as much as I have in the past. I've heard that continue both insanity and shakeology I will start to see results in a few weeks and I am pumped, I already have a lot more energy!
  • Nutrition1975
    Options
    You definitely will see results - my first Insanity round was Feb 2011 no Shakeology and then I tried again May 2011 with Shakeology and it has been a year for me and Shakeology and it is great, but people who also eat sensible and do Insanity without Shakeology will also have great results - I personally did it for more protein because I wasn't a huge meat eater. Do what works for you, but anyone who need helps with the workout don't hesitate to reach out - switch kicks, suicides, globe jumps oh my!

Good luck everyone
  • amoeni1
    Options
    I also really struggle with protein and I added shakeology to help with that. I use protein bars, cottage cheese, eggs, chicken.. any other ideas for protein? I'm not a huge meat eater either.
  • Nutrition1975
    Options
    Other ideas for you would Greek yogurt, low fat string cheese, I love quinoa it is a grain that has higher protein than most, fish - I do really love fish, almonds, pistachios hope this helps
  • amoeni1
    Options
    I've never heard of quona so I'll have to look into that. Thanks!

Also- do you follow the nutrition plan closely or do you use your own things as long as you are getting your calories and sticking to the 40/40/20 % set in the book?
  • Nutrition1975
    Options
    I do follow that - I try to eat more of my carbs from natural sources such as fruits and veggies - last time I did Insanity I eliminated bread and pasta. Quinoa is a grain so I didn't totally cut out grains. I eat leaner meat, but for fats I may include an avocado, olives, olive oil ect.
  • amoeni1
    Options
    I was wondering if anyone using chocolate shakeology (which is what I am LOVING right now for breakfast or meal 2) is also doing protein shakes? The insanity nutrition guide has some protein smoothies and pancakes and such and I was wondering if anyone else used protein while also using shakeology or if that was overkill? If you are using protein, which brand are you using? (looking to get something cheap, that takes good, has good protein value and not much sugar/carbs)