my first day of upping my calories

MileyClimb
MileyClimb Posts: 414 Member
Before I was eating between 1,000 calories-1100 calories. I ate 1,219 calories today. I am making progress on upping my calories. I am doing 1200 calories for a few weeks then will increase to 1300-1400 calories. I am by no means starving. I am also eating off a smaller plate to help my portion control on my eating.

Replies

• SweatpantsRebellion
    SweatpantsRebellion Posts: 754 Member
    Welcome! Good luck on your journey. If you need any input/advice for figuring out your numbers, calorie goals, etc...everyone on here is really helpful!
  • nannabannana
    nannabannana Posts: 787
    Great day..yes I am doing the same today...so many nice people to be helpful to us on MFP. Tks on my behalf also.
  • graysmom2005
    graysmom2005 Posts: 1,882 Member
    Welcome! In a few weeks you'll be saying, " I can't believe I only ate 1200!" LOL! In a week or so get ready for the metabolism to kick back in. It's crazy! Great time to up them! Happy Memorial weekend!
  • MileyClimb
    MileyClimb Posts: 414 Member
    Yes I do I am new to this. I am 5"4 inches tall, a large frame. my current weight is 190 pounds. my goal weight is 130 pounds. I want to go from sedentary to active and exersize 5 days a week for 30 minuets.
  • graysmom2005
    graysmom2005 Posts: 1,882 Member
    That's a great goal! I started my weight loss journey at 186 pounds. I lost 40 pounds at first and then gained some muscle weight after I became an instructor and was teaching Bodypump. For two years I've plateaued and I'm now seeing if eating more will help me bust through that once and for all. This is a GREAT community. Glad you're here!