Anyone else do stand up paddleboarding?

Options
My boyfriend and I decided to get them for each other for our birthdays this year, and today was their maiden voyage on the nearby river!

I couldn't wear my HRM for fear of falling in (I'm a clutz), so I'm wonderig if anyone else SUPs and has an idea of calorie burn? We were going at a fairly easy pace (not racing), but we were out around 2 hours, upstream then down. I'm going to guess 600.

Thanks!

Replies

• Symonep
    Symonep Posts: 181 Member
    Options
    Lots of HRMs can be worn in the water, are you sure yours can't? Someone else was talking about paddle boarding on EWMTWL today, sleepytexan or similar. She burns 300 cal, unsure of the time she spends doing it though. I soooo want a stand up paddle board :happy:
  • Noor13
    Noor13 Posts: 964 Member
    Options
    I have a Polar HMR and it is waterproof.

But I honestly have no clue how many kcal you could have burnt
  • freezerburn2012
    freezerburn2012 Posts: 273 Member
    Options
    I tried SUP on my last vacation. It was lots of fun!
  • jyska
    jyska Posts: 728 Member
    Options
    I SOOOOOO wanna do that!! jealous now...lol.
  • slammy1079
    slammy1079 Posts: 97
    Options
    Going again today, I looked it up and it says my Polar FT4 HRM is water resistant to 30 meters...does that mean if I fall in it won't break? Always thought water resistance meant you could get it wet but shouldn't submerge....?

I'll be at a party and rocking a bikini (!!!) so maybe today isn't the best time to experiment anyway...I'd look kind of silly with the chest strap. :)