Running technique is making it so much easier !!

Options
2»

Replies

• yallcallmedeb
    Options
    I've tried shortening my stride and staying upright and it has helped tremendously. Thanks for sharing!
  • tabinmaine
    tabinmaine Posts: 965 Member
    Options
    I've tried shortening my stride and staying upright and it has helped tremendously. Thanks for sharing!

That's awesome, you are welcome ! If you want to go faster you just lean more, not lengthen your stride... it's really quite remarkable this new way of doing things.

My calves were burning last night and no amount of stretching would make them loosen, I finally got mad and took my shoes off, ran down the asphalt country road in my socks for the last half mile and found instant relief... minimalist shoes are in my future...
  • buckeyegirl0103
    buckeyegirl0103 Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    I know barefoot running is becoming very popular here and lots of people are into it. I have a friend that will run on the treadmill barefoot because it is easier on her!
  • tabinmaine
    tabinmaine Posts: 965 Member
    Options
    you know, I had cushioned socks from Hanes on last night, i love those, so soft and bouncy..... so that was all I had on my feet and it felt so darn good, no stones or anything hurt..... weird
  • MsNeverQuit
    Options
    I'll have to look up this technique. Thanks for sharing.... My shins are really sore at times!
  • ladyjoie
    ladyjoie Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    Giving a shout-out to you for posting this - I'm doing it in full running shoes, admittedly, I really want to get my mileage out of them and I can transition to barefoot running one day. Even so, running this way has definitely helped my pacing, my breathing, and my shin splints!