Am i doing this right?

lyndall5311
lyndall5311 Posts: 146 Member
I started EM2LW about a week ago, before starting I was eating at 1330 calories

My BMR is 1731, TDEE is 2683 and TDEE - 15 is 2281.

At the moment I am eating around 2281 then exercising around 350-450 calories, so ending up around my BMR.

I've been seeing that ppl have been slowly increasing their calories to get up to their BMR and TDEE.

So my question is should I have slowly increased my calorie intake or done it in one lump sum like I have?

I hope this all makes sense.

Thanks, Lyndall

Replies

• rebekahgo
    rebekahgo Posts: 235 Member
    I jumped from 1350 to 1900 from one day to the next. Totally fine to do that. It makes for a quicker adjustment period just because your body only has to adjust to the one increase instead of adjusting with each small increase, IMO. Either way works though.
  • jj3120
    jj3120 Posts: 358
    I jumped straight in as well, it's a matter of preference I guess : ) I was keen to start eating!!
  • Symonep
    Symonep Posts: 181 Member
    I jumped in too and went straight to my TDEE -20%. It has been a week today. I haven't really lost or put on much weight. I will weigh again on Friday and see what is happening. Just stick with it Lyndall, it is a much better way to live. It may just take your body a while to adjust.

I don't think there is a right or wrong way to do it, do whatever you feel is right for you. Though I know it would have sent me mental doing it bit by bit.
  • meggyh20
    meggyh20 Posts: 116
    I jumped right in and went to TDEE-15%, from a net 1200 calories. I was only on 1200 for a few weeks, but as soon as I made that change, I could tell it was a good thing for me. I lost 2 lbs in my first week eating more, but results may vary initially. Just be sure you're eating nutritious foods as much as possible and lots of protein.
  • lyndall5311
    lyndall5311 Posts: 146 Member
    Thanks all, great to know other ppl jumped right in as well. I kept reading about ppl who slowly upped their cals.

I will definitely be sticking with it, such a better way to loose weight.

Cheers, Lyndall :)