How is everyone doing in the 300+ group?

Options
I was looking at the group messages, and noticed that no-one really talks to anyone else, so......how are you 300+ all doing, any success stories, anyone struggling, and looking for help?

Replies

• KSea77
    KSea77 Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    Doing great. Getting ready for the stuggle of holiday cookout. I see 50 minutes of aerobics before I got to sleep. :ohwell:
  • TriciaAllen7251
    TriciaAllen7251 Posts: 283 Member
    Options
    Almost out of the 300's. Hopefully you guys won't kick me out.......(ha-ha). Doing well this month. Goal was 10 pounds by 6/4 and I am only 3 pounds away. I think I might make it. If not, I'll come awful close. I only need 22 pounds to hit 100# in 12 months (8/4), That's my next big goal. Overall I have a goal to lose 205 pounds. Almost 1/2 way there.
  • neverlost
    neverlost Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    I"ll talk. My biggest struggle is impatience. I just want to wake up every day and be a bit lighter than the day before. Is that really so much to ask if I ate under my calorie goal and drank my water and kept my sodium in check? But no, my scale does not cooperate with my want of a daily loss. It is frustrating. grrrr. =)

(-- i know i could weigh weekly instead but i need the once a day feedback from my scale)

And when I go a few days/week at the same weight, I start to think that what worked for me two weeks ago isn't working for me anymore and I start reevaluating my plan. You can't imagine how many times I have tweaked my diet in the last 4 in a half months. Yep, patience is something I need to learn.

I have to remind myself to stop and look at how far I have come. If I look at the numbers, I am doing great. When I started in mid-January, I was 341 lbs and in the last 4 and a half months, I have lost 59 lbs. I am at 282 today. That is like 3 lbs a week average and I should be thrilled with those numbers. I just checked my May numbers and assuming I don't lose anything by tomorrow, I'm averaging 2.25 lbs a week over the last 4 weeks. See, that is good and I should be happy with that, and I am, but I still feel impatient and that it is going slow. Maybe I need a shrink =)

thanks for listening to me whine. I will take some cheese with that.
  • SavageFeast
    SavageFeast Posts: 325 Member
    Options
    Good here! Seeing some movement on the scale and walking with less pain the last two weeks. And when I shake off this crazy walking pneumonia I picked up last week, I may try to incorporate exercise into my plan. Best wishes to everyone :)
  • violet456
    violet456 Posts: 674 Member
    Options
    I'm doing well. It's been a bumpy first couple months, but still at it. Getting more and more active here and there. Majority up though.
  • samandlucysmum
    Options
    I"ll talk. My biggest struggle is impatience. I just want to wake up every day and be a bit lighter than the day before. Is that really so much to ask if I ate under my calorie goal and drank my water and kept my sodium in check? But no, my scale does not cooperate with my want of a daily loss. It is frustrating. grrrr. =)

(-- i know i could weigh weekly instead but i need the once a day feedback from my scale)

And when I go a few days/week at the same weight, I start to think that what worked for me two weeks ago isn't working for me anymore and I start reevaluating my plan. You can't imagine how many times I have tweaked my diet in the last 4 in a half months. Yep, patience is something I need to learn.

I have to remind myself to stop and look at how far I have come. If I look at the numbers, I am doing great. When I started in mid-January, I was 341 lbs and in the last 4 and a half months, I have lost 59 lbs. I am at 282 today. That is like 3 lbs a week average and I should be thrilled with those numbers. I just checked my May numbers and assuming I don't lose anything by tomorrow, I'm averaging 2.25 lbs a week over the last 4 weeks. See, that is good and I should be happy with that, and I am, but I still feel impatient and that it is going slow. Maybe I need a shrink =)

Your weight loss is great, that's what I do, I look at the loss as an average, mind you, my weekly average is 1lb a week, more sustainable I suppose.
  • cyberskirt
    cyberskirt Posts: 218
    Options
    Monday isn't my official "weigh-in" day (it's Friday), but I cheated and checked the scale! I am 6 lbs away from my first goal weight (350!.. wow what a big number, but still smaller than where I started!) but it will mean I've lost almost 50 lbs as it is!

So I'm doing pretty good. I'm hoping to keep doing well. I hit a few blips along the way, massively sick and such but I'm doing well. I gotta clean up my diet a bit more though.

I'm almost at my 3 month check-in (the one where I take pictures and compare where I was with where I am. etc. June 13th is fast approaching.

I just want to be so much more healthy and moveable! I'm tired of not being able to move!
  • DoozerDMB
    DoozerDMB Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    Just taking it one day at a time and focusing on one thing a week. It's horribly hot and muggy out there and I am hopin git will cool off enough so I can take my walk!
  • rosabud
    rosabud Posts: 20
    Options
    I also have to take it one day at a time. I am frustrated that I've tried to commit to this for the last 6 months and have only lost 21 pounds. Last week was a good week, and I'm hoping to keep the scale moving downward this week. I've really upped my exercise, and it definitely helps with my energy level. I'm hoping to see a big number on the scale next week!
  • Italian_Buju
    Italian_Buju Posts: 8,030 Member
    Options
    I am VERY frustrated and hanging on by a string.....

Its a bit of a long story, but basically, for the last 2.5 years I have been dealing with tumors in my uterus.....when they come, it is impossible to do anything, including work even, as I bleed like crazy and am told to stay off my feet. They took the first one out two years ago, and the DR that did it, told me it was not cancerous, but that she saw that my uterine lining was way too thick, which tells her that sooner or later, cancer will grow there. She refused to take it out, saying that was too serious a surgery for someone my size that has been a type one diabetic for 24 years.....she said, what she did, would make it better for about five years....

It lasted 18 months, then another one came.....

Since then, I have seen a DR in a larger city, that has a better surgical team and place.....on April 24th, of this year, she took the new tumor out. I see her on June 15th for the results and how to proceed. She is going to take out my uterus, but if there is no cancer, she is going to try and do it without cutting me right open. If there is cancer, than she has to, to get all the 'roots'...

SO, not only have I been stress eating.....but half the time, I can't exercise.....cuz of bleeding...

It is VERY frustrating.....it will look like it is going to stop, and I get excited, and then it starts getting worse again.....

I cannot wait for this whole thing to be over.......

I am going to the DR today, just my GP, and I lost 13lbs before the first surgery last month, and I feel like I have gained it all back again, guess I will find out this afternoon......
  • MelissaKaye91
    MelissaKaye91 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I'm having a great day!!! Last week I exercised more than I have since before my hip went out on me (had to get it replaced) and finally back to the level of exercise I had previously been doing. Well yesterday I put on 3 pounds and was discouraged but did notice my clothes were more loose, by a good bit. I went shopping today and I got in a size 26 jeans!!! They were stretch jeans and pretty tight but whatever I'll take it lol...I bought them in hopes of them fitting better at an event I'm going to next month. I'm assuming that 3 pounds was muscle. So yayayayayay!!! So excited
  • johnm8703
    johnm8703 Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    Honestly I'm doing great! Very happy with my success thus far. I've been battling something that I have always battled and that's eating because I'm tired. I find that when I'm tired I'm always looking for more food. Luckily I've become more cognizant of that habit and haven't been giving into it lately. I've been able to exercise more frequently and without feeling too tired afterwards!
  • lashandra205
    lashandra205 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I'm glad this thred came about. Ive lost 32 lbs so far but slipped and messed up for like 3 weeks straight. I have increased. My excerice and I'm happy. So far. I know it didn't happen over night and it will take a while to get there. We have to stay string and encourage each other! We can do it!!!
  • Kalynx
    Kalynx Posts: 707 Member
    Options
    I'm glad this thred came about. Ive lost 32 lbs so far but slipped and messed up for like 3 weeks straight. I have increased. My excerice and I'm happy. So far. I know it didn't happen over night and it will take a while to get there. We have to stay string and encourage each other! We can do it!!!

I saw this a few days ago and watned to respond but forgot and i have been busy offline.

I think a lot of us read the welcome board and reach out with friend requests, I do especially if I feel the new person and I have a few things in common but I should do it more! that way we stay in touch via news feeds and other things like that. I'm sorry I did not reach out to you but please add me if you'd like as a friend!! (anyone else reading this, too) currently I'm at 324 as of last week but my scale is on the fritz so I dont know if I've lower lol but I started myfitnesspal at 378.6 on 2/4. at my highest I was probably around 420 or more I really dont know about 3 yrs ago. but -55 of that more or less was due to efforts from the end of january when I got bad health news up to last week.

great work so far (everyone) and stick to it..eventually you will see results, I can FINALLY see it now on me!!! gl moving forward!
  • shedghes
    shedghes Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    Hello Everyone!

I just thought I would check in. I'm trying to stay positive but I haven't lost any weight in the last two weeks. I've been trying to change different things to see if I can find my magic weight lost trick. My sodium has been really high so I am trying to lower it and see if that helps. I drink a lot of water but it isn't coming back out lol (sorry TMI). If I could just lose 6 pounds I would be under 300 lbs. I have been eating healthier so that has to count for something, right? I hope everyone is doing good and losing that weight!
  • urasweethart
    urasweethart Posts: 123 Member
    Options

Hey girl first off i have to say CONGRADULATIONS that is an amazing amount to lose in this short amount of time.
    I have the same issues with the scale and cals if i eat low why isnt it dropping
    what i do is I still weigh everyday togive me a out look on my day but i only report it to MFP on mondays its nice ot see the drop and ive been eating alil more each day and Im seeing the scale drop (i somehow got on a LOW CAL diet i ended up only eating 800-900 cals aday trying to up my cals.

good luck & Also how are you doing with this now
  • urasweethart
    Options
    Hello Everyone!

I just thought I would check in. I'm trying to stay positive but I haven't lost any weight in the last two weeks. I've been trying to change different things to see if I can find my magic weight lost trick. My sodium has been really high so I am trying to lower it and see if that helps. I drink a lot of water but it isn't coming back out lol (sorry TMI). If I could just lose 6 pounds I would be under 300 lbs. I have been eating healthier so that has to count for something, right? I hope everyone is doing good and losing that weight!

Hey girl dont give up keep up the water and wish i had something better to say to help. if you ever need a lil more support Im here
    and youve lost 20lbs so far you got this
  • urasweethart
    Options

You got that right it didnt happen over night, keep working at it and maybe you will see a difference this week remember to take each day and step one day at a time you got this
  • neverlost
    neverlost Posts: 121 Member
    Options

Hey girl first off i have to say CONGRADULATIONS that is an amazing amount to lose in this short amount of time.
    I have the same issues with the scale and cals if i eat low why isnt it dropping
    what i do is I still weigh everyday togive me a out look on my day but i only report it to MFP on mondays its nice ot see the drop and ive been eating alil more each day and Im seeing the scale drop (i somehow got on a LOW CAL diet i ended up only eating 800-900 cals aday trying to up my cals.

good luck & Also how are you doing with this now

Thanks for the reply and for asking how I am doing now. I'm still losing, I'm still impatient with the time it takes, but I am good. I find it amazing how far I (and we all) have come.

Here is a story for you all. At the start of 2012, I remember struggling to walk up the stairs to our bedroom. I would be winded every time I climbed those stairs. I remember laying in my bed contemplating my death because I just knew that my heart that I could feel beating so hard, was not going to hold up to the stress I was putting on my body much longer. I lied there wondering how my little children were going to get by without me. I lost my childhood sweetheart, my soul mate, my husband, to cancer when my oldest was just 11 and having him grow up without a parent was heartbreaking and here I was about to inflict that same fate on my 5 and 6 year olds. While my current husband, their dad, is a great dad, he is not me, he is not a mom. That experience was what flipped 'the switch', as I call it, and let me be ready to finally lose the weight. I never want to have those thoughts again, especially for something that I can control.

To think that it was only 5 months ago when i started this journey and how much I have learned and changed since then, I am so grateful for this website. The stairs are not a problem anymore. One of the biggest things I have learned is being aware of the consequences of my food choices. For instance, I had a milkshake the other day (it was so good in case you were wondering) but before I made the decision to drink it, I knew that it would put me over on my daily calorie goal, not to mention my daily macros would be off the charts. I knew I would not see a loss on the scale the following day. I also knew that it would not put me over maintenance calories for the day and my weekly totals would still be in line for weight loss. I also know that it is not a treat I would have on a regular basis. 6 months ago, none of those thoughts would have gone through my head. It would have been 'want a milkshake' 'sure', instant gratification.

I know that I am not home free yet, i have a long way to go and am still at risk for a heart attack or other problems of the morbidly obese but I am on the right track and I don't plan to ever go back. I have changed and I am not the person I was before. As I said before, I am eternally grateful to this website and to anyone that shares their struggles and triumphs and provides support and knowledge. If anyone out there needs support, feel free to add me and I will be happy to cheer you on.
  • ebonyroche
    ebonyroche Posts: 675 Member
    Options
    I not gonna beat myself up but I feel off last week and into the weekend but I'm gonna pick myself up and get back on. I was close to geting out of the 300s and stumbled and talked myself into failure. Im back on Monday, let's get it!:happy: