breakfast help/ burning calories

MileyClimb
MileyClimb Posts: 414 Member
I ate a 437 calorie breakfast how many calories do I need to burn off? should I do my 2 mile walking as usual . I am new to this and need some help.

breakfast: cottage cheese -90 calories
walnuts=100 calories
beef sausage patty 150
laughing cow cheese wedge=35
crackers=70
baby carrots

I went with what was in the house on stand bye when I can go shopping next week do I need to start over again?

Replies

• rotnkat
    rotnkat Posts: 393 Member
    You don't need to start over! This is about fueling your body, so it will release the fat!

I usually eat two breakfasts because my day starts at 4:45am, so I try to eat within a hour after waking and then I eat again about the 2 to 3 hour mark.

If you figured out your cut #'s correctly, which already includes your exercise activity, so eat and enjoy it! Now on the days your workout takes you below your bmr then you need to eat more to bring your calories up so you net your bmr.

My diary is open if you want to take a look at it.

Anita
  • I lovvveeee breakkie and always eat lots & this normally leads to me snacking/ eating less in day.

Just make sure your total intake over day is your cut (normally tdee-15%) and if you exercise don't let your net drop below your BMR (i generally eat 1/2 my exercise kcal or more each day as I have a habit of mini binging so I am happy with a slow loss).

The great thing about EM2LW for me is that I don't need to 'start over' if I eat more one day I am learning to just keep going; its about your body getting used to consistently being fuelled right not sticking stupidly rigid rules perfectly. I've found that over the weekend when I was away I went over my cut but the knowledge (thanks to the forum) that I should just keep going with making healthy choices helped me to avoid my normal 'binge and start over' approach so my kcla ended up being only a little over my goal rather than spiralling out of control.

xx