my calculations can someone explain this to me what this is?

MileyClimb
MileyClimb Posts: 414 Member
how to set my goals here accordingly. I used the scooby website

6 meals a day 345 calories

34 grams protein
138 calories
34 carbs
138 calories
7 fat
69 calories
BMR 1,310
Tdee (have no clue what this means) 2,031

calories 1,726

can you explain this so I can customize my goals correctly .

Replies

• Zylayna
    Zylayna Posts: 728 Member
    first question...are you coming from a history of yo-yo dieting or a large calorie deficit? Or are you new to the diet world?

If you are one of the people coming from a former diet experience, you probably want to start with a metabolism reset. Basically, eating at maintenance for 8 weeks and then dropping your calories to a 15% deficit. What that means is this:

Set your goal on mfp to your tdee number (total daily energy expenditure). That would be your 2031 number.
    You eat that every day for 8 weeks (do not eat back exercise calories unless your NET number falls below your BMR number (Basic Metabolic Rate) because of your exercise. If you consistently have to eat back your exercise calories, then you've calcuated your numbers with the wrong activity level and we need to calculate again. )

After 8 weeks drop your goal on mfp to your tdee -15% cut number (this now puts you in a deficit mode). That number is 1726 according to what you gave me. That is what you would now eat every day (until you take a diet break).

Does that make sense?

If you decide you do not need a metabolism reset, then just start with the tdee cut number and skip the reset mode.
  • MileyClimb
    MileyClimb Posts: 414 Member
    thanks yes I was a low calorie dieter so I put my 8 weeks goal at 2031 will start tomorrow since I have my correct calculations. thanks for your help. I am all new at this lifestyle sounds like what I need.