'Go-To' recipes..

Options
I was just curious to kno if any of you have a go-to recipe...Like, what do you cook when you don't feel like cooking?

Replies

• km259005
    km259005 Posts: 1
    Options
    There are 80 calorie packets of tuna fish that are good with Carr's crackers/wafers (70 calories) and then celery goes well for a side. Also they make little to-go cups of salsa and there usually aren't many calories in that. Yogurt is quick and easy and then sometimes I'll get up and make turkey bacon for breakfast pack some for lunch as well (blt's on whole grain pita is alright). Not the most original ideas but hope they help! Good luck!
  • 2gabbee
    2gabbee Posts: 382 Member
    Options
    Home made Cobb Salad, Lettuce wrap with turkey & tomato, Safeway savory chicken eat the breast add maybe a green salad or cottage cheese. Frozen vegies cooked in microwave. low cal flat bread or low carb wrap chopped romaine, tomato bits, match stick carrots, and match stick english cucumbers light drizzle of ranch dressing, Black pepper seasoned Tilaplia fish (in & out of oven 20 min or so)
  • sonyachan
    sonyachan Posts: 518 Member
    Options
    Did an easy one the other night that would definitely fit into this category. Pan fried some frozen turkey burgers and topped with shredded italian cheese. Cut some Italian bread into slices, sprayed with olive oil and seasoned with garlic powder and italian seasoning then toasted them in the pan. Warmed some pizza sauce. Put a little more cheese on the bread, top with turkey burger, then pour pizza sauce over. Had some steamed broccoli and a green salad to go with. Easy and not bad on calories. Put in everything individually and came out to about 450 calories.
  • Candoall
    Candoall Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    My favorite go to dish when i dont feel like cooking is actually a cooked dish...very simple and less than 1 minute of hands on preparation. Frozen talapia, seasoned, placed in oven or on the (indoor) grill. Let cook for 20ish mins. Add to plate with salad mix from a bag, add dressing and dinner is served!
  • Isaanne
    Isaanne Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    Speaking of tilapia one thing that I like is to take a small casserole dish that has a cover and put in tomato sauce. Then add a tilapia filet (usually I make two) and put it in the sauce and make sure it is buried. Add whatever veggies I have on hand and bake for about 20 minutes. When it is done I scoop out the fish and then add however much sauce I want plus the veggies and sprinkle with some parmesan and serve with salad. It is great over pasta as well. it is low cal but mostly it is super easy and tasty.

Note: you can do this with a frozen filet too - it works but you should just check it and maybe cook for a couple more minutes.
  • ccmandel
    ccmandel Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    This is my easy 'I don't feel like cooking but I will' recipe

CHICKEN SALSA
    Boneless chicken breasts
    Jar of salsa (any kind...mango and pineapple salsa is yummy though)
    Scallions
    Parmesan cheese

Put chicken in pan. Pour salsa all over the chicken. Sprinkle with one bunch of chopped scallions
    Sprinkle several Tbsp of Parmesan cheese (according to how much you like)

Cover and bake for 40-50 min

Yum...goes nicely over rice
  • miracle4me
    miracle4me Posts: 522 Member
    Options
    This is my easy 'I don't feel like cooking but I will' recipe

CHICKEN SALSA
    Boneless chicken breasts
    Jar of salsa (any kind...mango and pineapple salsa is yummy though)
    Scallions
    Parmesan cheese

Put chicken in pan. Pour salsa all over the chicken. Sprinkle with one bunch of chopped scallions
    Sprinkle several Tbsp of Parmesan cheese (according to how much you like)

Cover and bake for 40-50 min

Yum...goes nicely over rice

This
    Thanks for posting this recipe I am having it tomorrow.