Surgery Soon - Advice on using MFP

Hello everyone. I have my lap band surgery scheduled for June 13th. I just got back on MFP after a long absence and thought it might be helpful to log my calories burned once I start working out more post-surgery.

But I'm wondering if anyone has any advice or tips about using MFP to its full potential post-surgery. Thanks so much!!

Replies

• minkakross
    minkakross Posts: 687 Member
    I just had the RNY two weeks ago tomorrow and am still using MFP daily to track the protein since right now calories are practically nothing.
  • Hi there! I had my lap-band/plication in April, and have been using the site since then. It helps me keep track of what I am eating/calories and helps me to hold myself accountable for eating "empty calories". I wanted to know exactly how many calories I was eating a day so I could report back to my MD at follow-up. I also love that I can track calories burned etc.
    Hope you find it as helpful as I have!! :) Good luck with your surgery!
  • Hello! I had my gbp on 11/21/11. I have been using MFP for over two months. It is great you can track and set your calories. Add m
  • cbbarge
    cbbarge Posts: 250 Member
    I started tracking my food intake as soon as I went to my first nutrition class . I signfiicantly cut back on what I was eating and tried as much as I could to eat like I already was banded. I figured it would be easier to get used to a 1000 band diet if I was reducing it from 1500 and not the 3000 or so cals that I was eating before. It worked....In the 4 months leading up to surgery I lost 40 pounds...just by tracking here on MFP and increasing my exercise just a little. Since surgery I continue to track what I eat everyday and still don't exercise as much as I should however, I'm down 35 since surgery in January 2012. So I guess my best advice on using MFP is to USE it. track your food, track your water and track your exercise! Good luck on your journey!