My First Day

Establishedn1986
Establishedn1986 Posts: 306 Member
I started today and my BMR is 1784. So far my net calories is 1569 I believe. I found this hard to do. Will I mess myself up if I dont net the 1784?

Replies

• twoboys2012
    twoboys2012 Posts: 352 Member
    You should really be hitting your TDEE -15% not your BMR. Unless you have a high burn day in which you want to at least hit your BMR. So you might wanna look at your numbers and eat even more. And being consistent is the key. You want to fuel your body and it will respond when it gets the same amount everyday. Get your cut value and hit it every single day. Best results come from consistency.

And secondly try things like protein shakes after a workout as these can help get your cals up. Use regular foods instead of light options but watch sodium levels etc. Add more fruits to your diet or a potato. These things can help add extra cals but are still natural foods.

It can be hard at first but once you doing for a few days you will find it easier.

:flowerforyou:
  • Establishedn1986
    Thank you! I will re calculate some numbers!
  • SweatpantsRebellion
    SweatpantsRebellion Posts: 754 Member
    Welcome! :flowerforyou:
  • Establishedn1986
    Ty but I am sooooo confused! I calculated my tdee-15% and it is sooo high! I literally feel stuffed tonight and I had a low fruit day because I had to food shop. Please help! All input is welcomed!
  • twoboys2012
    Ty but I am sooooo confused! I calculated my tdee-15% and it is sooo high! I literally feel stuffed tonight and I had a low fruit day because I had to food shop. Please help! All input is welcomed!

I know it seems high but really it has your exercise cals in it. Have you been on low cal diet for long? if so you might need to do a metabolism reset. Which is eating your TDEE for a few weeks and then dropping to your cut value 15%.

It is ok ... you will get there ... plan ahead and try to fill in your day. It will get easier ... I was the same and now i wonder how i ate so little before. One day at a time

:flowerforyou:
  • twinmomtwice4
    twinmomtwice4 Posts: 1,069 Member
    Just wanted to welcome you to the group!!
  • Establishedn1986
    I just started losing weight 3 weeks ago. I lost the 10 lbs netting the 1200 calories. I read more about eating more and liked this method waaayyy more! Am I supposed to be netting the tdee-15%?
  • Establishedn1986
    Just wanted to welcome you to the group!!
    [/quote

Ty!
  • twoboys2012
    If you have only been on low cal diet for 3 weeks then you prob don't need to do reset and going to TDEE -15% should be fine.

Happy eating
  • goldengirl28
    goldengirl28 Posts: 129 Member
    Do you want us to double check your numbers?
  • rebekahgo
    rebekahgo Posts: 235 Member
    if you need to up gradually, do that. a lot of people take it slow initially. i jumped right to my cut value and prefer that method, but you should do whatever you are comfortable with mentally and physically. just know that your goal is to get to that cut value (TDEE - 15%). once you're there for a bit, you will wonder how you ever got by eating less...seriously. the thought of eating less now practically breaks me out in hives, lol.

eta: if you're at a loss for what to eat to get you up there in calories or protein, browse through some diaries for ideas. a lot of folks have their diaries open.
  • Establishedn1986
    Do you want us to double check your numbers?

Yes please! Im 5'4 233lbs I do cardio 6 days per week. Short term goal weight 175!
  • Establishedn1986
    Also if someone please tell me if I am supposed to net my tdee-15% or not?
  • goldengirl28
    goldengirl28 Posts: 129 Member
    I've run your numbers via scooby calculator and I've based you on 5/6 hours per week of strenuous exercise for your activity (is that right/).........because tis VERY important to get the activity level right (I ahve been told :) )

BMR - 1646
    TDEE - 2840
    CUT - 2272 (based on a 20% deficit)

I was also told to change my macros to 40 carb, 30 Protein, 30 Fat.

Caveat: i;m only new to this, but i;ve done exactly what my EM2WL friend did for me.

Good luck with the journey
  • Establishedn1986
    I've run your numbers via scooby calculator and I've based you on 5/6 hours per week of strenuous exercise for your activity (is that right/).........because tis VERY important to get the activity level right (I ahve been told :) )

BMR - 1646
    TDEE - 2840
    CUT - 2272 (based on a 20% deficit)

I was also told to change my macros to 40 carb, 30 Protein, 30 Fat.

Caveat: i;m only new to this, but i;ve done exactly what my EM2WL friend did for me.

Good luck with the journey

Thanks for taking the time to do this! I was told to use moderate as my activity level. My numbers are:

BMR-1846
    TDEE-2862
    CUT-2290 (20% deficit)
  • twoboys2012
    Also if someone please tell me if I am supposed to net my tdee-15% or not?

Eat your cut value every single day and on days that you have extra high burn just check home page and make sure that you net over your BMR. But other than that just eat your flat number