Need help!

iRebel
iRebel Posts: 378 Member
Guys, I am with this group 100%

But, I have had a rough week with binging. I need a push to get out of this rut and move on. Any sugestions? Thanks!

Replies

• twoboys2012
    twoboys2012 Posts: 352 Member
    Don't worry about what is done already ... remember that you can still enjoy life and lose weight so enjoy the process.

If a week is too far ahead to look at then start with one day at a time. plan out your food ahead of time so a plan is there and you just go with it. Also decide what exercise you are going to do and do it. The only workout regretted is one that did not happen.

You are the only person who can help you, so do what works for you. Choose exercise that you enjoy so u will be more likely to stick to it.

Plan ahead and be prepared. Use your binge as a lesson and know what to do next time. Remember you can still have the foods you enjoy so work them into your plan

Have mini goals and celebrate in some way when you reach each one. i do this for every 2nd kg i lose. My last reward was a manicure. Smaller goals are easier to focus on as a big one cam be a tad overwhelming.

Find a goal like a 5km run that you wanna do in 3 months time and train for it. Buy your ticket and then you are committed.

:flowerforyou:
  • DaughterOfTheMostHighKing
    DaughterOfTheMostHighKing Posts: 1,436 Member
    find a water based veggie that you like.... keep them on hand so you eat them instead! :) I like bell peppers (the yellows are sweetest, but the reds and orange aren't so bad... the greens are best for cooking). or watermelon!!!! they're sweet and crisp and full of vitamins and lots of water!!!!

what is it that you binge on? anything in particular?
  • iRebel
    I had a past with binging, but when I joined EM2WL, and WENT OFF GLUTEN, the binging went away. I was in a situation this week wherre I had no acces to food not containing gluten- instead of usung moderation I binged thinking "this is my last chance" the next day I overate on bread, cookies, anything with gluten. today I made it til dinner, then ate cookies. I feel bloated and gross. I am gluten intolerant. I feel bad about all this- I was doing so good. I probably set myself back by a month.
  • Zylayna
    Zylayna Posts: 728 Member
    are you meeting your macros? especially your protein? I find that if I meet my macros I don't 'crave' much of anything...(unless it's TOM - then all rules go out the window :grumble: ) And if I don't crave, I don't nibble at anything or find myself constantly in the pantry looking for something to eat (now that I'm finding myself past that over full stage and into the hungry stage). I don't know if that will help much with binging or not ( I don't really suffer from it) but I thought I'd mention it just in case.
  • iRebel
    Yes, I meet my macros. protein is my idol. :D