sedentary or lightly active?

Options
MichelleRenee13
MichelleRenee13 Posts: 363 Member
I hate exercise and am condensing to 3 days a week.

Mon/Wed/Fri I do muscle and strength home dumbbell workout. I range from body weight to 15# of weight used. It takes me any where from 23-35 minutes to complete.

Mon and Fri I do HIIT jumping jacks or jump rope 30/45 for nine rounds.

I want to calculate my calories correctly.

37 years old
176 pounds
65 inches tall
work a desk job.

Thanks folks!

Michelle

Replies

• fiveohmike
    fiveohmike Posts: 1,297 Member
    Options
    You are lightly active at minimum.

Mike.
  • twoboys2012
    twoboys2012 Posts: 352 Member
    Options
    I think like me you fall somewhere between light and moderate. I say this because i do 30 days shred (circuit training) twice a week and cardio 3 times a week ...

I was told that if you keep having to eat back your exercise calories to net your BMR then you may need to go up a level on exercise levels. So i looked at the light exercise one after entering all my tats in on scooby website and took away my workout cals. This showed that half the week i was going under my BMR so i went up to moderate and i never go over my BMR. So i now sit in moderate. Although my workout hours was 2 1/2 total and moderate says 3-5 hours total I still feel I fit in here if you go by the numbers of cals burned. Also if i only added 30 more mins then i would def be moderate level i guess.:sad:

I would be tempted to say for you to go to moderate. But you are definitely not sedentary if you are doing exercise full stop.

Just see what your numbers are like in light and moderate and take away your cals burned typically and see if you fall below BMR or not. If you are then you would need to be eating exercise cals back a lot and therefore in the wrong activity level.

Anyone can correct me if i am wrong but this is what i worked out for myself today.
    Good luck

:flowerforyou:
  • MichelleRenee13
    MichelleRenee13 Posts: 363 Member
    Options
    I am only averaging 70-90 minutes of exercise a week. I guess that is why I dont feel lightly active. Would I be between sedentary and lightly active?
  • KarinFit4Life
    KarinFit4Life Posts: 424 Member
    Options
    I would say Lightly Active.
    3 -5 hours a week is Moderate.
  • twoboys2012
    twoboys2012 Posts: 352 Member
    Options
    Sorry added up your exercise wrong ... ignore me hehehe
  • Tenar13
    Tenar13 Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    Like you I have a desk job and do exercise 3 days a week (aerobics 55 mins, pilates 55 mins and zumba 55 mins) but what I did was take a look at this site as I could not decide whether I was lightly active or nor http://www.health-calc.com/diet/energy-expenditure-advanced. Once I added in housework/ walking round the shops/ running after 2 kids etc into my week I ended up in the moderate category and it seems to be working for me.

I am 5ft 4
    136lbs
    36 years old