Should I be eating at TDEE or TDEE-15?

lyndall5311
lyndall5311 Posts: 146 Member
Sorry, if this is a stupid question(s)

I joined MFP in November 2011, it had been set at 1800 calories per day, then went down to 1500 and then down to 1200 and finally up to 1330 (all in the space of 6mths). I've lost 15kg so far, but stopped loosing about 6wks ago.

My BMR is 1731, TDEE is 2683 and TDEE - 15 is 2281.

I am currently eating around 2200 cal less exercise (around 350-450 cal). Should I be eating these calories back to keep at 2200? Or should I eat at TDEE (2683) for awhile to try and reset my metabolism?

I've already gained 2kg in the space of a week (I know it was to be expected, but I was kind of hoping that it wouldn't happen!!)

If I do eat at TDEE-15, do I also eat this on the days that I don't exercise or do I eat at BMR or TDEE level?

I exercise 4-5 times a week (gym program x2 inc cardio and weights - roughly 50min, boxercise 45min and spin class 45min). I have put myself at moderate exercise - I am assuming that I have this correct.

Thanks for your help.

Cheers, Lyndall :flowerforyou:

Replies

• ANewLucia
    ANewLucia Posts: 2,081 Member
    If you can wrap your mind around doing a full metabolic reset then go for it! It will allow your body to readjust to eating what it considers normal and the metabolism will revv back up. Do so for 8 weeks and then start you 15% cut. :flowerforyou:
  • FitterGill
    FitterGill Posts: 25 Member
    So many of these threads recently!
  • MileyClimb
    MileyClimb Posts: 414 Member
    what is the full metabolism reset? I first put in to lose 20% body fat then in red it said something like losing so much of weight like that is dangerous and I went to the next lowest at 15%.