Different TDEE each day

ashfuse
ashfuse Posts: 224 Member
Okay guys. Here is where I am stumped. I have a bodymedia fit. I burn anywhere from 2500-3100+ cals any given day. I'm never sure how much I need to be eating :/ I was having high burns b/c I was doing Insanity, but now I am done with the program and have since taken a few days "off". Which, i still stay pretty busy and active. However, In the next week or so I will be starting ChaLEAN Extreme (strength training) but I have no idea how much I'll be burning. As of right now, I'm still between 2500-3100. Any suggestions on how to ballpark my intake? Yesterday I burned only 2541 cals and ate a little over 1700. Should have eaten more, but it was one of those days where I got caught up doing other things and just forgot. I'm half way through week 3 and still not sure exactly where my TDEE is. I'm eating as much as I can, but so far haven't been able to stuff more than 2300 cals into my face LOL

Replies

• Zylayna
    Zylayna Posts: 728 Member
    What you want to do is get your mean average for the week. So to do that, take 7 consecutive days of readings, add them all together and then divide by 7. That will tell you what your WEEKLY TDEE is. Use that number as your TDEE number. (or you can use this calculator: http://scoobysworkshop.com/calorie-calculator/) Eat your TDEE calories every day for 8 weeks whether you exercise or not, no matter what your burn is any particular day.(unless you are already in cut mode of -15% and not doing a metabolism reset). Only caveat, is that if you burn so many calories that your NET number drops below your BMR, you need to eat some extra calories on that particular day to get your NET back above your BMR number. Make sense?
  • ashfuse
    YES! thank you. I wasn't sure how to calculate my average :)

Do you wear one?
  • Zylayna
    Yes, I actually just got mine a week ago! :) LOVE IT!
  • ashfuse
    do you find it's way off on calories burned during workouts? I wear my Polar HRM with it when I workout and there is usually a 200 cal burn difference :/
  • Zylayna
    because a lot of my focus is on lifting and strength training, I find it's actually pretty close (over a 1 hr period). During high cardio burns the gap is a little wider, but that is why I recommend to others to use their HRM for large cardio sessions. When I did a short 20 min intensive cardio burn the other day, the difference was only about 50 cals.