Strength training

Noor13
Noor13 Posts: 964 Member
I ordered the book you are all talking about so much NROLFW (I think lol)

So I was wondering if I can do the training just as good at home with my resistance bands

I have bands with really high resistance

I have three little kids and going to the gym just doesn't work out for me

Anyone doing strength training with bands?

Replies

• Kooopons
    Kooopons Posts: 167 Member
    I think you could do some of the exercises with the bands but really to do the workout as designed you need some other equipment- esp to progress.

I'm dead-lifting 100lbs now (I'm finishing stage 1 tomorrow) and trust me, when I started I could barely lift the olympic bar (45lbs).

A lot of the exercises are lunges, squats, dead-lifts, step ups- things that require you to hold weights for working your leg muscles- not sure those are adaptable to bands. Things like the shoulder press or rows/lats- maybe you could adapt. And of course doing crunches, jack-knifes and push- ups no problem. Now that is just stage one.

I love the program and am trying to follow it by the book- I too have young kids that make getting to the gym difficult. I have slowly increased my home equipment and have been able to do so and not spend too much. We bought a power rack too so I can lift heavier more safely.

Good luck.
  • Noor13
    Noor13 Posts: 964 Member
    Thanks for your response

Will see how I get on. I could not even purchase the equipment, cause our house is too small to store it.

I will certainly give it a try with the bands and see how far I can get with them.

And WOW you are doing great with the heavy weights-that;s really impressive