What's your downfall?

Options
Mine is alcohol. Even though I have 3 kids and a full time job, I still feel bored when I get home. So, I plop down in front of the TV and drink.

I've joined a local gym and have been trying to eat 6 times a day to keep my metabolism going, but I screw it all up when I pour myself a vodka. What can I do to not be bored? I don't really have any hobbies and I don't go out much because the kids always need me to be around. In fact, I feel bad when I go to the gym and leave them for 2 hours.

Replies

• ElizabethObviously
    ElizabethObviously Posts: 380 Member
    Options
    Mine is motivation. I start off great, start losing weight then just stop and fall off track. Like on here...when I started back on 3 weeks ago, I was burning 3000+ calories a week then I just stopped...*shrugs* Self sabotage?
  • VivaLaDiane
    Options
    Mine is food. It's so easy -not to mention cheaper- to pick up something horrible than to actually buy and cook delicious and healthy food. I have made an appointment to see a dietician so I am hoping this helps me finally.
  • AngieQue
    AngieQue Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Mine is similar to Elizabeth's. Lack of Motivation + Distraction = Giving Up Too Soon. But I have only fallen off the wagon twice (and only a little bit) in the month I joined, so I consider that a victory.
  • Jeepers133
    Jeepers133 Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    My downfall is depression. I'm an emotional eater, when I'm stressed or sad I just eat and eat and eat! For the last few months I have ignored it and when I am sad I just eat carrots and drink lots of water. Really it sounds strange seeing it typed out but, I took all of the foods that aren't so good for you and I ate them and I didn't buy anymore. (I always hear of people throwing it out. Not this lady!) Sometime this summer I am supposed to go see a counselor about the depression :\
  • sebastian122
    Options
    Laziness! \ ( - - )

I DO NOT want to walk, don't ask me (I will though, and I WILL hate Every. Freakin'. Step.) I do not want to go out, unless we're stopping at Michaels, too. I do not want to cook dinner, it's like 90 degrees out and it's easier to sit in the studio and do nothing.

Lazy lazy lazy!
  • bohemianprincess65
    Options
    Not eating meals, I will snack allday. I dont eat meals. I need to eat smaller meals all through the day instead of eating one big meal or nothing.

I dont have alot of money or time to cook so I grab what I have.

I went to the grocery store today and i was like durrrrrrrr????? I had 25 dollars, I bought some chicken breasts,some stew meat,ginger ale,water melon.
  • JennyPurple
    Options
    I have so many downfalls. I sit at work all day and then spend the evening at home sitting. The older I get, the more tired I am and not feeling very motivated to walk in this awful heat. I'm also an emotional eater, some stress and I'll eat everything in sight. My husband prefers junk food and fast food, so I often give in and eat the same. But I keep trying and my best friend encourages me and that helps a lot. I'm so thankful for what I have lost in the past 2 months since I joined!