My squatting problem....

Options
Raiderxx
Raiderxx Posts: 105 Member
So, I am pretty sure it is a problem, but not %100 so I figured I would come to the group and see what you guys think!

When I do my squats, I can never keep my feet flat on the ground. It just seems impossible for me to do without falling on my *kitten*. lol. I have widened my stance and bit and turned my feet out a little more and that has seemed to help a bit, but still, I go back to my baseball playing days and get right into my catcher's stance. Is this a problem? Any tips on fixing it if it is?

Replies

• Rae6503
    Rae6503 Posts: 6,294 Member
    Options
    Yes, this is a problem. Try sticking your *kitten* back farther. Work on stretching your hip flexors. Concentrate on having your weight on your heels and the outside of your feet. Try to think about pushing the floor apart with your feet as your rise.
  • DaveRCF
    DaveRCF Posts: 266
    Options
    When you are doing your warmup sets, really concentrate on making sure that the weight feels evenly distributed across your foot. I find it is one of the more important cues.

What type of shoes are you using, if any. In your case, maybe try barefoot for a while to be able to really feel the weight distribution.
  • mjbrenner
    mjbrenner Posts: 222 Member
    Options
    I had the same problems. Besides stretching my hip flexors, like like is mentioned above, I found that I actually had to narrow my stance and angle my feet more towards straight. I was only a little bit too wide and too angled, but it pulled me off of my heals and towards my toes. Concentrating on tightening my shoulders in the pinched back position also helped get me off onto my heals, since it kept my back straighter and my center of gravity back a bit more.
  • Raiderxx
    Raiderxx Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    Thanks guys and Rae! :D Will definitely keep all of these tips in mind tonight when lifting and let you guys know how it went. Maybe I can get some video of it to post, but my phone sucks, so no guarantees. lol