Joined EM2WL today!

Today is day 23 on my weight loss / get healthy journey and I've only lost 3 lbs.....and that was on day 2! I posted a topic on a different msg. board today (before I knew about this group) and most people stated that I am not eating enough calories. I do the 30 DS everyday and eat about 1400 calories / day. Apparently, that's not near enough based on my TDEE....which I just discovered today. I should be eating around 1850 calories. I'm so thankful someone referred me to this group. I will start gradually increasing my calories (healthy calories) and see where it takes me. I made the recommended adjustments to my MFP settings and it said projected weight loss will be 0.1 lb per week. I sure hope that's not accurate.

Replies

• fiveohmike
    fiveohmike Posts: 1,297 Member
    Welcome to the group!

Most people set their MFP wrong it seems, underestimating their activity level. I mean like 99% of people put Sedantary and 2lbs per week target.
  • hollymurphy4
    hollymurphy4 Posts: 122
    Welcome to the group!

Most people set their MFP wrong it seems, underestimating their activity level. I mean like 99% of people put Sedantary and 2lbs per week target.

I had mine set at "senentary" and l lb per week.
  • fiveohmike
    How much exercise do you do in a week?
  • hollymurphy4

I do the 30 Day Shred everyday, but I log that under "exercise" instead of that being factored in from the beginning.
  • fiveohmike

I do the 30 Day Shred everyday, but I log that under "exercise" instead of that being factored in from the beginning.

Gotcha - that would definitly put you in the active category.

For me I found that settings active on MFP, and 1lb loss a week, it comes almost identical to my TDEE -20% cut target (within 100cals)...

However now I just use custom goals :)
  • Noor13
    Noor13 Posts: 964 Member
    Welcome! This group is awesome and all the Ladies and Guys are really helpful and sooooo nice :)
  • SweatpantsRebellion
    SweatpantsRebellion Posts: 754 Member
    Welcome!
  • hollymurphy4
    Welcome! This group is awesome and all the Ladies and Guys are really helpful and sooooo nice :)

Thank you!
  • hollymurphy4
    Welcome!

Thank you!
  • nostripewhite
    nostripewhite Posts: 53 Member
    I'm quite enjoying this group as well. Seems like a lot of great info floating around.