Weekly Challenge: May 19-June 3

Options
Last Week's Challenge

It seems like the goal times worked really well for everyone last week. I am going to stick with them. Let me know if there are any other changes you would like to see.

- Fitness Enthusiasts (Beginners): Log 110 minutes of exercise

- Fitness Buffs (Intermediate): Log 235 minutes of exercise

- Fitness Elites (Advanced): Log 360 minutes of exercise

- To earn a Fitness Enthusiasts+, Fitness Buff+, or Fitness Elites+ designation you need to drink 8 or more glasses of water everyday! (8 glasses = 8 cups = 64 ounces)

- Pick a personal goal for this week! Let us know what it is and how you did. I'll add a little ★ in front of your name on the leader board if you get it.

- *NEW* Bring a Friend. This week's side challenge is to encourage someone to participate in the challenge who either hasn't before or has been absent for awhile. Sometimes we all need a little support to get started. Is there someone in your life who needs encouraging? Get them to sign up for next week's challenge and earn a ♥.

So what are your weekly goals? Are you going to be an Enthusiast, Buff, or Elite?

Results

Fitness Elites:
★,♥ Carrie+
★,♥ Susan+
♥ Paul+
★ Melissa+

Fitness Buffs:
♥ Debbie+
Sara Grace
Jill

Replies

• SaraGrace82
    SaraGrace82 Posts: 232
    Options
    This week we will have slightly lower requirements because we have one less day to work with. Here are the new times:

- Fitness Enthusiasts (Beginners): Log 94 minutes of exercise

- Fitness Buffs (Intermediate): Log 201 minutes of exercise

- Fitness Elites (Advanced): Log 309 minutes of exercise

- To earn a Fitness Enthusiasts+, Fitness Buff+, or Fitness Elites+ designation you need to drink 8 or more glasses of water everyday! (8 glasses = 8 cups = 64 ounces)

- Pick a personal goal for this week! Let us know what it is and how you did. I'll add a little ★ in front of your name on the leader board if you get it.

- Bring a Friend - Part 2. This week's side challenge is to encourage someone to participate in the challenge who either hasn't before or has been absent for awhile. If your friend completes this week's challenge you both earn a ♥.

So what are your weekly goals? Are you going to be an Enthusiast, Buff, or Elite?

To report in at the end of the week, please fill out this little "form." Thanks!!

Exercise Minutes:
    8+ glasses of water daily: (yes or no)
    Personal Goal: (yes or no & remind us what it was)
    Bring a Friend, Part 2: (yes or no & if yes, what did you do?)
    Days logged in: (rounded down to the nearest 5)

It would really help out a bunch if we have a standard reporting form but please feel free to include more information about your week
  • SaraGrace82
    Options
    Showing Up is Half the Battle

Here is our current "Showing Up is Half the Battle" leader board (i.e. most consecutive log ins).
    Sonya - 260 days
    Ellie - 130 days
    Kelli - 130 days
    Debbie - 105 days
    Carrie - 80 days
    Paul - 70 days
    Susan- 70 days

**You'll need to report in each Sunday or Monday to be included in the leader board. Let me know you most recent official recognition from the site. I will be updating your numbers in increments of 5 for simplicity's sake.

If you would like to be added to the log in board let me know you most recent official recognition from the site. We will update as we go! Good luck everyone!
  • SaraGrace82
    Options
    Poll Question

Should we replace the 8 glasses of water a day challenge with the Playtime or a rotating monthly challenge?

Reasons for the switch:
    1. Mostly everyone is achieving the water goal. So not much of a challenge.
    2. Science doesn't really support the need to that much water.
    From the Mayo Clinic "Although the "8 by 8" rule isn't supported by hard evidence, it remains popular because it's easy to remember. Just keep in mind that the rule should be reframed as: "Drink at least eight 8-ounce glasses of fluid a day," because all fluids count toward the daily total."
    Here is the link - http://www.mayoclinic.com/health/water/NU00283
    3. Perhaps the Playtime or a rotating monthly challenge is more fun/challenging?

Reasons to stick with the water challenge:
    1. It is built into the sites tracking system and therefore easy to track.
    2. Most everyone is achieving it, so sense of accomplishment!

Other thoughts? Should we keep it or switch it?
  • jaxygirl
    jaxygirl Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Hi y'all. Sara Grace recruited me back after a few weeks of being absent. Hopefully, this will help with getting back on track. I'm actually trying not to over train too much these day to see if I can get my metabolism kick started again. So I'm going to aim for Buff this week.

Cheers!
  • lilpe5512
    lilpe5512 Posts: 425 Member
    Options
    I was really lazy last week so I'm striving for my original goals

400 mins/440 calories burned.

I'm at 50 days of logging as of Monday 5/28/12.
  • Blueyz82
    Blueyz82 Posts: 151
    Options
    Technically with Sunday's walk around the Rock Hall...I logged 315 minutes of exercise for last week! :)

Tonight I started off this week on the right foot! 55 minutes of exercise so far for week!

Sara Grace, I would like to keep the water challenge at least for myself since sometimes I struggle with it...
  • shorty313
    shorty313 Posts: 432 Member
    Options
    I'm sticking with buff. I actually didn't count Monday in last week's challenge, so I'll leave it in this week's tally.

re: water - I can go either way. It might give a push to the people that are struggling, but I don't know if those are the people completing the challenge. I think the play challenge is fine, but maybe have people pick a different fun thing every week? I like the idea of rotating challenges, but I don't want you to have to constantly think of ones. Some ideas: veggie servings, stretching/flexibility/yoga, sleep time, sodium, taking the stairs. I'll keep trying to think of new ones.
  • SaraGrace82
    Options
    Debbie - I like that idea what if each month we had a new challenge, like the Playtime challenge, and we could rotate them. I have a small handful of ideas. I like the idea of having one extra group challenge and one personal challenge. More than that and the 'results board' starts to look a little insane! :-)

Jill - Would it be ok to simply include 8 glasses a day in your weekly personal challenge? I don't want to give up on an idea that people really like, but I wanted to leave more room for new challenges etc.
  • shorty313
    Options
    SG - a monthly rotation sounds great!
  • camsmommy2008
    camsmommy2008 Posts: 131
    Options
    a monthly rotation sounds good to me too...

i also will be counting monday as the start of this week since i didn't count it in last weeks challenge :)

i am going for the big daddy again this week with a personal goal of 3500 calories burned and a play goal of taking my son to the park and playing
  • Blueyz82
    Options
    Sara Grace, yeah that sounds good.

I'm at 115 minutes of work out so far for the week! I plan on working out for 1 hr today, probably 25 minutes tomorrow, then Sunday an hr again! We shall see! :)
  • Blueyz82
    Options
    just got in an hr work out! 175 minutes down this week! woo hoo! gonna go get ready for concert now! :)
  • PJYoung2012
    PJYoung2012 Posts: 191
    Options
    Exercise Minutes: 676 for 6070 calories burned
    8+ glasses of water daily: Yes
    Personal Goal: No
    Bring a Friend, Part 2: No
    Days logged in: 80

Very pleased with my numbers this week but will have to work on finding some more time to do my personal goal. What with work and my folks visiting i just haven't had the time.
  • ellie78
    ellie78 Posts: 375
    Options
    I logged 345 minutes last week! Think that' my best yet.
  • camsmommy2008
    Options
    Ok I am sad to report my WORST week yet!!! I took 2 days off from working out to give my body a break and a reset/recharge. After I added up my numbers for the week I feel absolutely HORRID about last week but this is a new week so I shall quit dwelling pick up my big girl panties and MOVE on!

Here are my tallies:

Minutes exercised: 264
    Calories burned: 2343 so NO personal goal
    Water: YES i drank 8+ daily
    Friend: Nope
    Playtime: YES I took my son to play and we also played outside and got my hubby involved which usually doesnt happen
    Days Logged: tomorrow will be 85

**I pledge to do better this week!!!**
  • Blueyz82
    Options
    I ended the week with 225 minutes logged, Fitness Buff for me...
  • shorty313
    Options
    Exercise Minutes: 270 minutes, 1689 cals
    8+ glasses of water daily: Yes
    Personal Goal: No (3/7 on carb <=40%, goal was 4/7. Oddly, my weekly average was 40% carb though! Perhaps I should make that my goal?)
    Bring a Friend, Part 2: No
    Days logged in: 110
  • susieq101178
    susieq101178 Posts: 305 Member
    Options
    I tanked this week - full of excuses, but I won't go there. :tongue: Life just got a tad more complicated, so I may have to bow out of challenges for a couple of weeks anyway. Keep up the great work everyone!!
  • SaraGrace82
    Options
    I made it to 237 minutes this week. Also got myself back to the gym which is nice! Now where is Jackie so I can get my bring a friend challenge?
  • sonyachan
    sonyachan Posts: 518 Member
    Options
    I never get this in time.....but my exercise minutes this week were 286. And did my water and such.