Intro

Options
kay1188
kay1188 Posts: 132 Member
I am 40 pounds over weight... My little one is now 9 months old and I am ready to get back in shape

Replies

• keating19
    keating19 Posts: 5
    Options
    my baby is 3 months old..almost 4 months. i had lost 24 of the 30 lbs i had gained. then i gained back 6 lbs. so i'm a little frustrated. hoping i can help motivate any other mommies, and get some motivation as well. i want my h.s. figure back! lol. best wishes to everyone in the group :)
  • Vgrindle
    Vgrindle Posts: 23
    Options
    My little girl just turned 1 and I have put this getting into shape thing off for too long! Ready to begin my new life :)
  • bigmumma36
    bigmumma36 Posts: 1
    Options
    Help!!! My second child is 5months old and my oldest has just turned 4yrs old. My husband is a well accomplished Iron Man triathlete so eats HUGE meals and just runs the calories away while I stay at home looking after the kids. I'm breastfeeding so constantly hungry and tempted by my kids snacks. I have about 12kg to lose but the worst news is that I now have my school's 20yr reunion in August!!!!
    That gives me 10 weeks to lose as much as I can before I see my old school friends. I have checked some of them out on facebook and they have all had babies and are still skinny & gorgeous- how do they do it???
  • bephi
    bephi Posts: 12
    Options
    I'm due on mon and have gained 59 pounds. I'm so sad. I weigh 294. I'm looking for all the motivating I can get. Also I'm here 4 others as well. I'm only 5'3 so I look terrible. I believe I have found a good support group. Ladies we can do this. We can bring the sexy back!!! Right!?
  • yolie1220
    yolie1220 Posts: 223 Member
    Options
    I just had baby #4 two weeks ago and have 35 lbs to lose. I am 5'6" and 165 pounds right now :)
  • sariah004
    sariah004 Posts: 5
    Options
    I had my fourth child 5 months ago and the weight just isn't coming off like it did in the past. My current weight is 157 and I weighed 133 pre-pregnancy. Lots of work to do!! Good luck to all of us! :-)
  • jesus06christ
    Options
    Hello everyone! I am 8 months pregnant, say... about 35 weeks. 2 months ago, my sister joined MFP and has lost over 30 pounds. she is about to break into the hundreds range from the two hundreds. I am so proud of her. She has been eating so much healthier, but she lives with me. I am a severe junky and and emotional eater. I have taken her off track several times but I don't mean to! I get cravings! lol. But, on my last test, my sugar came out higher than average, and that was an eye opener for me. Even though i cannot loose weight yet, I can start to change my eating habits. I also have a 15 month old who depends on me as well. I was in the military so loosing weight won't be too much of a problem (at least thats what I keep telling myself when I see my huge belly). My eating habits need some severe adjustments!
    I guess what I really need are some recipes that will help me get all the nutrients my baby needs. I cook a lot here at home and I know my sister can also use the support! It is amazing how counting calories make you realize all the garbage I've been taking in!
  • jesus06christ
    Options
    oh i forgot to post, i am 200 pounds right now!
  • jesus06christ
    Options
    :)
  • jesus06christ
    Options
    I'm due on mon and have gained 59 pounds. I'm so sad. I weigh 294. I'm looking for all the motivating I can get. Also I'm here 4 others as well. I'm only 5'3 so I look terrible. I believe I have found a good support group. Ladies we can do this. We can bring the sexy back!!! Right!?

absolutely! i think the hardest part for me is to try to eat healthier. I have never tried it before.... don't know where to start, but like i do with everything else... imma google it! :)
  • mommy2cja
    mommy2cja Posts: 2
    Options
    Good morning mommies! I am new to the group. I am a 39 year old mommy of 3. Mybaby girl will be 10 months old next week. I also have a 7 year old and a 9 year old. Right now I weigh the most I have ever weighed in my life! I have been watching what I eat and exercising religiously for the past 2 weeks, and could really use some friendship/ support from others facing the same weight loss challenges. I would like to lose about 48 pounds, which would put me back where I was before my first pregnancy. I am using the myfittnesspal app on my iPad to try to keep track, as well as using a nutritionist for monthly counseling.
  • jaynita2
    jaynita2 Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    Hi there!
    I lost 30 lbs prior to getting pregnant in 2010 (Aug.'10-Nov'10). I gained the 30 lbs back plus 20 more during my pregnancy (Nov.'10-Aug.'11). I initially lost around 15 lbs after having him, but they have pretty much found their way back...he's now 9 months old.
    I'm ready to shed the 50 lbs plus some more!
    I'm currently 198 (lost 12 since starting MFP in May '12), 5 ft. 4 in.
  • mommy2cja
    mommy2cja Posts: 2
    Options
    Nice to meet you! I am so tired of feeling stuffed into my clothes....and with the warmer weather (shorts, swimsuits) I am not happy!
  • kay1188
    Options
    WELCOME ALL,
    I SEE WE ARE ALL READY TO BE SEXY MOMMIES...
    I WOULD LIKE THIS GROUP TO BE ONE OF SHARING... SHARING IDEAS AND TECHNIQUES WHETHER THEY WORK OR NOT... THAT WAY WE CAN ALL LEARN FROM EACH OTHER AND HELP TO GUIDE AND MOTIVATE EACH OTHER.

I AM HOPING THAT WE WILL BE RESPECTFUL OF EACH OTHER AND PROVIDE CONSTRUCTIVE (NICELY PUT) COMMENTS AND CRITICISMS.

I AM KAY S-R I HAVE FORTY POUNDS TO LOSE... THOUGH I KNOW I MAY NOT BE IN A SWIM SUIT IN TIME FOR SUMMER BREAK I AM HOPEFUL THAT I WILL BE STARTING THE NEW SCHOOL YEAR WITH A NEW LOOK, ATTITUDE AND CONFIDENCE. I WOULD LOVE TO GET BACK TO WEARING THE LINGERIE MY HUSBAND LOVES....

SO FAR I AM DOING THE FOLLOWING:
    8 GLASSES OF WATER A DAY
    NO MEALS AFTER 6PM
    MEAL SWAP- A BREAKFAST SIZED MEAL FOR DINNER AND DINNER MEAL FOR BREAKFAST... THUS PUTTING IN A SMALLER PORTION IN AT NIGHT SO THAT MY BODY IS ABLE TO BURN STORED FAT WHILE I SLEEP INSTEAD OF THE HEAVY MEAL I PUT IN A FEW HOURS BEFORE BED.

WHAT HAVE YOU ALL BEEN TRYING OR THOUGHT OF TRYING SO FAR??? WHAT ARE YOU VIEWS TOWARD WHAT I HAVE BEEN TRYING SO FAR?
  • kay1188
    Options
    Ladies we can do this. We can bring the sexy back!!! Right!?

YES WE CAN AND WE WILL BRING SEXY BACK.... WE ARE MORE FORTUNATE THAN MOST... WE HAVE EACH OTHER
  • jesus06christ
    Options
    Kay1188
    Here is a tip incase you don't already apply to ur diet. As soon as i started eating breakfast, i started loosing weight. i had been at a stand still at 150 lbs and went down to 140 in 2 months and that was all i changed in my diet. i munched on a lot of fruits during the day as well.
  • jesus06christ
    Options
    Kay1188
    Here is a tip incase you don't already apply to ur diet. As soon as i started eating breakfast, i started loosing weight. i had been at a stand still at 150 lbs and went down to 140 in 2 months and that was all i changed in my diet. i munched on a lot of fruits during the day as well.
  • kay1188
    Options
    thanks.... will do
  • yolie1220
    yolie1220 Posts: 223 Member
    Options
    I took my measurements today. Totally depressing. I do not recommend doing that at 3 weeks post-partum :sad: On the plus side, at least I know how far I have to go to get back to "normal" right?
  • kay1188
    Options
    right