My macros suck.

hheater
hheater Posts: 52 Member
Hey everyone!!

I'm having a hard time hitting my protein goal for each day, and find myself going over on my carbs. I'm not really eating any bread or any stereotypically "carby" foods. I think that if I hit my protein goal each day, maybe I wouldn't crave the things that do have the carbs that I tend to eat, like soy lattes and bananas. :) Any ideas of things that are portable (I work a lot) that have lots of lean protein? I'm already eating my share of salmon, chicken, and turkey. I don't like eating a lot of animal protein, but I feel like I'm going to have to get over that if I'm ever going to hit this 40/30/30 goal. :(

Replies

• twoboys2012
    twoboys2012 Posts: 352 Member
    protein shakes ... some are low carbs, high protein and can be made up with milk or water. people also add this into their food like porridge to get in some extra protein in to their regular meals.

Cottage cheese

greek yoghurt

Low varbs, high protein bars from supermarket. These tend to get expensive so can always look online to make your own. I like to make protein balls. Straight out of freezer and a nice choc treat so acts like my choc treat a lot of time.

Unfortunately carbs usually come with the protein except the processed stuff like the shakes and bars but i always tend to go over a bit but as long as no more than 50 cals i am not too fussed. I know if is usually good wholesome foods.

:flowerforyou:
  • MichelleRenee13
    MichelleRenee13 Posts: 363 Member
    I am a carb junkie. I don't have my macros set as 40/30/30. I know I never will. I am planning on this being a life long journey and Michelle can't carb restrict!

I try to get as much protein as I can eating the foods that I enjoy and w/o it being with an- in my opinion- unplesant tasty protein shake. I may be eating more calories, but I don't want 200 plus calories on something I don't enjoy but force myself to have every day.

Although, I am searching for a vegan protein shake. I am not vegan yet, but trying to get there. My opinions on protein shakes are based on non-vegan. I am hoping they taste better.

Sorry for rambling?
  • Noor13
    Noor13 Posts: 964 Member
    Cottage cheese is a good source of protein- my favourite

Nuts for snacks, home made protein bars
  • jj3120
    jj3120 Posts: 358
    I struggle with my macros as well, I find I am eating a lot more fish esp tuna to get my protein up. I don't eat meat at all & don't want to be relient on protein shakes so I have relaxed my goals a bit.

Apart from fish for my protein I've just discovered frozen soya beans (edamame) which are lovely! also I have cottage cheese, eggs, greek yogurt, nuts, seeds and beans. Quinoa is quite high but I don't like it as much as wholegrain rice.