Gym making you hungry?

sicchi
sicchi Posts: 189 Member
Hey all! I've been on atkins for 6 weeks now, and had little results. Am back to 20g at the moment and have started to shed again, but am a healthy weight anyway, so Im gonna lose slow. So this week I joined the gym, and last night went and today I am so hungry!!! I swear I even ate a bigger dinner last night (more meat/fat) cause I was starving after the gym and today am hungry after only a couple of hours since the last meal. Is anyone else finding this?? Does working out increase food burn?? Im just SOOO hungry!!!!! lol, this would have been the time I'd be getting into the fresh bread and bananas... how things change.

Replies

• shar140
    shar140 Posts: 1,158 Member
    Yes, working out will increase the calories you burn, thus making you more hungry. I don't know how much you've been eating or what kind of workouts you've been doing, but after hard workouts, generally yes, I am more hungry - sometimes the next day. Also, depending on what type and intensity of exercise, you might even need more carbs. I play rugby and made the mistake of trying to do it on 1400 net calories and 50 or less carbs a day, LOL. Bad idea, I felt AWFUL. You can also cycle your carbs/calories so you eat more on intense exercise days, less on easier days.
  • sicchi
    sicchi Posts: 189 Member
    I am eating about 25g carb and 1600 cal so have the energy. Nuts help before hand. But again last night, OMG... AFTER MY WORKOUT, I just binged on lo carb food, but too much. What to do??? ended up eating close to 2000 cal. I only burnt 330 cal..... confused..
  • ZipperJJ
    ZipperJJ Posts: 209 Member
    Drink more water.

And eat when you're hungry, but don't over-eat or binge. After a while your body will settle down and you won't be so famished from exercise.